Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

I made Chicken and Biscuits a couple weeks ago and almost convinced myself I wouldn't want regular old Chicken Pot Pie anymore. That was a lie. I still LOVE Chicken Pot Pie and this was a great recipe.


It calls for store bought pie crust- but I prefer homemade. So I made the first one that popped up for me on google when I put in apple cider vinegar pie crust. And it was amazing. I should have saved it for future recipes. I could probably find it and pin it here-but laziness is upon me.


Next I got started on chopping the veggies. Yum fresh veggies. Oh and cooking the chicken. I used chicken breast this time.

This is what the filling looked like. Check out all the specks of pepper!I accidentally added too many peas. But that's OK. Veggies are good for us!


Baked and bubbly! Mine came out the teeniest bit dry. I should have added more cream- but it was still super good. It wasn't very noticeable- I've just become super critical of the things I make now.

 And plated!



I got the recipe from a blog called Family Fresh Meals.

Click here if you want to make it for yourself- as for me, I'm pinning it because it's a great recipe and if I needed a really good pot pie I wouldn't hesitate to make this one again!








No comments:

Post a Comment