Sunday, November 4, 2018

Updated Ancestry DNA Results!

I've had these results for quite awhile. I've just been kind of in denial because of some of the changes. Last time I did the post, I posted my whole families results. I don't think I'm going to do that this time. However, I will link the old results here. Just in case you are curious!

The biggest change was I lost my big chunk of Ghana! I had 21% Ghanain...now it's down to seven. They seemed to have chunked the African DNA into one big category for the most part.  Cameroon, Congo, and Southern Bantu Peoples includes a lot of regions! I'm hoping as they gather more information they can break it down further in the future with another update!

The BEST update was going from 72% African to 74%.


via GIPHY

I may have done that dance....Haha


Maybe it will keep increasing as they update!


Benin/Togo increased from 6% to 18%.

Mali stayed exactly the same.

Not sure where the Portuguese came from. I guess it's a breakdown of Iberian. But I didn't have a large chunk to start, so IDK.

English went from 2% to 5%.

Ireland increased from 3% to 4%.

European Jewish decreased. Went from 4% to 2%.

Germany is new at 1%.

I really want that Senegalese back!

I won't break down everything. Just going to post the results.

OLD DNA Results:



New Results:



And that's all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment