Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Pumpkin Maple Pecan Cheesecake

My fifth cheesecake of the year and my contribution to Thanksgiving! This year we didn't do much for Thanksgiving-but I did make a new cheesecake flavor.

Now....I'm not a fan of pumpkin. My family origins are basically southern. And I'm a brown girl. So I grew up with Sweet Potato. And I 1000% prefer sweet potato over anything pumpkin. But I will still try it. Because I don't mind trying new things.

And I try to make at least one thing pumpkin a year. Usually I would buy a sugar pumpkin and roast and puree it myself. But I haven't found them here in Germany. So I used a canned. FIY Canned pumpkin smells HORRIBLE.

I didn't have high hopes but it actually didn't taste canned in the finished cheesecake. I did cook the puree for about 5 minutes. I don't know if that had something to do with it. I heard doing that gets rid of the canned taste. 

The spice combination was perfect. Mine was slightly too sweet because I added to 1/4 cup of sugar to the cheesecake instead of the crust.


My favorite part was the maple pecan topping. It was like maple candy. Soooo good. Although it doesn't look particularly nice in the picture.

It was about 75 percent pumpkin pie (good pumpkin pie, not the garbage in the stores!) and 25 percent cheesecake. 

I didn't take pictures of the whole thing. Just a slice because I was tired.


But it looked very good!

I got the recipe from Food Network. I will link it here, in case you would like to make it yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment