Friday, September 13, 2019

Caress Daily Silk Beauty Bar Review



I'm trying to keep myself awake by blogging 'cause I'm tired. But it's been a minute since I've done a post so here we go.

Caress claims:
Lather in luxury with Caress® Daily Silk™. Enjoy this silkening beauty bar that leaves your skin delicately scented and silky smooth.

Before you dress, Caress. 

I will probably never forget those commercials and that saying. 

In the move I lost all my soap...temporarily. I have it back now. But I needed some soap in the meantime so I ended up using this stuff. My family were loyal Dove users most of my life, until Dove was getting pretty pricey and they would buy Caress bars when Dove wasn't on sale. I was so happy to finally have something different. 




I didn't even know the stuff had been around since the 70's until I looked it up on the tube. I really like watching old beauty commercials. IDK why.

That's some major longevity though. It's been around long enough that it's a classic.

Anyway...it's hard to truly judge the scent because it's pretty nostalgic for me. It smells exactly like it did back in high school. Clean, slightly feminine, floral?, and quite fresh. I think if you are a Dove user and you haven't smelled this, you would probably like it.

When I first opened the bar it perfumed up the entire bathroom. Scent is strong and lingers slightly.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think the bar is smaller. I do love the orange color and also the shape because it's very easy to hold.

Lather is nice. Rinses clean but pretty drying.

Definitely not an ingredient list I like to see. But I was in a pinch. Once these are done...back to natural stuff! I don't love the bars, don't hate them either. Just prefer a more natural ingredient list when possible!

Ingredients:
Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water/Agua, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance/Fragrancia, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, Red 4, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 6, Yellow 10.

Have you tried any of Caress' products? What are your faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment