Thursday, September 5, 2019

Zum Tub Turmeric Epsom and Sea Salt Bath Review




Ahhhh....bath salts.I feel relaxed just thinking about them.  I believe this is the fifth scent I am reviewing from the brand. And definitely the most unique. Cause who puts Turmeric in their bath?

Zum claims:
Salt your rim and take a dip in this moisturizing drink. Zum Tub's shea butter infusion transforms a mix of sea salt crystals and Epsom salts into a submersible bathrodisiac. Your skin goes glug glug and your mind goes unplugged.


I love turmeric. It's an amazing little spice that is great in cooking because it has so many health benefits. I even make "golden" milk which is great for it's anti-inflammatory benefits as well as being pain relieving. I also like to put in it my face masks. It's magical stuff. However it was kind of strange to see it in a bath product. Curiosity got the best of me and I ended up ordering it! 



I was most curious about the smell. It smells kind of medicinal or like Noxzema. They don't list out what oils are in it but I'm 100 percent sure it has Camphor in it. I'm not sure what else.

I like the scent. It's very invigorating and refreshing.

The first thing I noticed was how cool it makes the bathwater seem. It makes your skin feel cool and tingly. And it works amazing at helping to relieve sore muscles and aches and pains.

I messed up my ankle a little bit with moving and it had really been bothering me for a few days. Took a bath with this and my ankles felt brand new for at least 8 or so hours. The discomfort came back (it wasn't really painful anymore) and then I went ahead and rubbed it down with frankincense and shea butter which had my ankle back to regular business after about a day and a half. This really did help though.

I think this may have been the best epsom salt combination I've tried when it comes to aches and pains and sore muscles. I can't recommend it enough. 


The salts themselves look like any other Zum bath salts. I kind of expected them to look a bit yellow. 

Ingredients:
sea salt, magnesium sulfate (epsom salt), fragrance (essential oils), limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, and curcuma longa (turmeric).

I think this is one that's worth trying out and may possible be a must have. The only thing is that it can be pricey. The tub costs about $11-$12 for the jar. And if I'm being generous, I get about 3-4 baths out of it. I'm thinking a DIY may be the way to go, to save money. If I ever get my hands on some Camphor Oil, I'm going to give it a try.

For now, I'll hoard the last little bit I do have for when pain strikes again! 







No comments:

Post a Comment