Sunday, January 24, 2021

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar Review


 In the last little year, Dove has been getting a bit of hype. For awhile with skincare the message was more is more. The K-Beauty popularized skincare routines that were 5- 10 steps. It was never a thing I could go for because with my skin, less is more. And I don't want to spend all the money a routine like that would require. Also..I'm lazy. So this has been getting shine for its simplicity- as far as a face wash. Back to basics. I wanted to try out all the Dove soaps anyway..it's what I grew up using and I like that nostalgia factor.


Dove Sensitive Skin claims:

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar combines classic Dove cleansers and ¼ moisturizing cream in an unscented, hypoallergenic bar that is gentle enough for sensitive skin. Dermatologist recommended and suitable for daily use, it can be used as a hand soap, gentle facial cleanser and body soap. Proper sensitive-skin care depends on having a cleanser that truly cares for your skin and won’t dry it out like an ordinary soap can. Washing with regular soap can cause skin to feel dry and tight. What makes Dove different? It’s the combination of gentle cleansers and moisturizing ingredients that help to nourish skin. With unscented, hypoallergenic cleansers and 1/4 moisturizing cream, Dove Beauty Bar can be used as a face cleanser, as well as a gentle cleanser for your body and hands, leaving you with instantly soft skin and lasting nourishment. The secret to beautiful skin is moisture, and no other bar soap hydrates skin better than Dove. That’s because Dove isn’t a soap; it’s a Beauty Bar. At Dove, our vision is of a world where beauty is a source of confidence, not anxiety. That’s why we are on a mission to help the next generation of women develop a positive relationship with the way they look—helping them raise their self-esteem and realize their full potential. We are committed to a landmark new initiative as part of our 2025 commitment to reduce plastic waste—reducing more than 20,500 tons of virgin plastic yearly by making the iconic beauty bar packaging plastic-free globally, launching new 100 percent recycled plastic bottles and creating a new refillable deodorant format that radically reduces plastic use. As one of the largest beauty brands in the world, we are revealing a commitment to tackle the global beauty industry’s plastic waste issue.

Dove Sensitive skin has been out since at least 2007...it was switched for the unscented version. I remember the unscented version...but can't remember if I actually liked it. I do know it had Almond oil and a few other nicer ingredients. 

This Dove soap is recommend for people with skin sensitivities, or people that suffer from eczema/psoriasis by Dermatologists. I can't really comment on the soap in terms of that. Personally I think it would probably be better to use a natural soap with Shea Butter/Cocoa Butter, but everyones skin is different.

It's your regular old Dove bar, classic white color with the Dove logo stamped into it. When you smell the bar directly it does have that Dove scent- not added scent but you know it when you smell it. In the shower it's basically undetectable, which is good for people that prefer or need to use fragrance free. 

The lather is rich, plentiful, and thick. It's pretty nice. Except I don't feel like it cleans well. It's "too gentle" and I like something a little stronger. It's a dealbreaker for me, and because of that I wouldn't repurchase.



It's not too drying. I can skip moisturizer for a few days. 

I did try it on my face since that's what it was being hyped for. I used it for about three days and had to stop. The first day was good, my skin looked happy and clear. Then about the third day, I noticed an eruption growing on my face. It didn't come out fully-except one- because thats when I stopped using it. It was just clogging my skin up. I have oily/combination skin. Maybe someone not prone to breakouts or really dry skin might like it better. I notice that is usually the case when I try to use completely synthetic ingredients on my face. I have much better luck with all natural.

I love that it's a bar and comes in a box which is easy to recyclable but it still is wrapped in plastic for some reason.

The ingredients are all synthetic. Which might be great for someone that can't use any of the natural ingredients like Shea/Cocoa/Essential Oils due to allergies etc. For me, my preference is something a little more natural, every now and again I make an exception. It is a US soap..so it does have animal fat, not really suitable to vegans.

Ingredients: 

Sodium;Lauroyl;Isethionate,;Stearic;Acid,;Lauric;Acid,;Sodium;Tallowate;or;Sodium;Palmitate,;Water;(Aqua),;Sodium;Isethionate,;Sodium;Stearate,;Cocamidopropyl;Betaine,;Sodium;Cocoate;or;Sodium;Palm;Kernelate,;Dipropylene;Glycol,;Sodium;Chloride,;Tetrasodium;Etidronate,;Tetrasodium;EDTA,;Maltol,;Titanium;Dioxide;(CI;77891)


Overall, I didn't like this one. There are some people that swear by this soap but it's just not for me.I suspect the previous version was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment