Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lush Jingle Bells Bath Bomb Review


 It's crazy to think I hauled all that stuff from Lush and this and another one were the only two bath bombs I have left. I like to use the bath bombs first though since the bath bombs lose their fizz and scent quickest. It's best to use them as fresh as possible. Within 6 months is best..or even sooner.



Anyway, this is a cute little bath bomb. It actually "jingles" due to the bath salts in the middle.

Lush claims:

Lie back and soak in the colourful red and blue swirls and softening water of this Christmas bath bomb. Orange oil is an instant refresher.

A grounding limited-edition bath bomb made with the beloved scent of Milky Bar: a gentle orange-patchouli aroma that'll leave you feeling soothed.

Looking for the perfect bath bomb to get you grounded after holiday chaos dies down? Maybe this sweet orange-patchouli fizzer will ring your bell. It's filled with our beloved Milky Bar scent and a touch of softening sea salt, while its snowy-white, star-studded exterior comes topped with a pretty pink bow. So give yourself the gift of relaxation this season and give Jingle Bells a ring.


It looks like a pretty plain bath bomb. But then when you put it in the bath you get red/pink foam and white, it does look quite Christmas-y. Then blue comes out of nowhere. And it looks a little patriotic. But the colors mix and you are left with purple. I kinda wish they did green because those colors would have made more sense. It was a a cute show regardless. 



When I first got it, it smelled familiar but I couldn't place the scent. After putting it in the bath, I finally got it. It smells like a laundry/clean cotton/linen fragrance. It reminds me a a Yankee Candle. Doesn't smell like a "Lush" scent. But apparently the scent has been around before Lush became Lush. It was a scent that was in the Cosmetics to Go brand that led to Lush. And in the last couple of years it's been brought back in the Milky Bath (Bar?) soap and bath bomb. I almost bought it over the summer but it was kicked out my cart in favor of some other stuff. 


All that to say..I'm not a fan of the scent. It was pretty strong, filled the whole bathroom , felt like it stuck to my skin. But laundry scents for bath and beauty stuff isn't for me. Felt like I should throw my dirty clothes in it the whole time. 

I didn't know it was that scent or else I might not have gotten it, I was thrown off by the patchouli/orange essential oil additional. It smells nothing like either of those oils. Not even a tiny bit. If you want something that is Patchouli Orange, go for Karma soap.

It didn't dry my skin, in fact my skin felt decently soft.

Ingredients are ...eh. Feel like the oils are there for show and not scent. I like the addition of salt. Salt baths are nice.

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, Rice Starch, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Brazilian Orange Oil,  Patchouli Oil, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cocoamidapropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal,Hydroxycitronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

Overall, I'm not a fan and I'm happy I picked it up for half off. If you like linen, laundry, scents it might be worth trying if Lush bring it out again next Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment