Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Face Shop Green Tea Hydrating Sheet Mask Review

 Green Tea has been a popular skin care ingredient for a few years now..but still I haven't tried that many things with it. Maybe a moisturizer and a few soaps. It is really good for the skin and really easy to make a DIY mask with tea and clay..I need to give that a try actually. But last night was not a DIY night. It was a grab a mask out the refrigerator, apply and relax kinda night. Yesterday was an exciting day after all! 

The Face Shop claims:

A mask sheet that is drenched in clear serum and helps calm and soothe irritated skin. Enriched with green tea extracts, the all new Real Nature Green Tea Face Mask by Face Shop is here to transform your skin! The rich extracts clear and revitalize skin that is exposed to environmental stressors and purifies it instantly. So ladies, this is a mask we absolutely swear by. Are you ready for gorgeous skin days? We think so!


  • Refreshes and revitalizes irritated skin 
  • Clarifies and smoothes skin instantly 
  • Enriched with green tea extract known for its purifying properties 
  • Natural squeeze-and-extraction process 
  • Contains one single-use face mask 
  • Has smooth oil-type essence and natural ingredients

The first thing I noticed when grabbing it out of the package was that it looks like it was soaking in actual green tea. It had a "tea" look to it. Which was pretty cool. 

Next thing I noticed was the light, floral-fresh scent. They do a really good job with fragrancing  these masks, they are never overpowering and just kind of blend into the experience. 

So like always I applied from the refrigerator and let it sit until it dried. Then I use the rest of the "juice" on my neck, hands, etc. It does have a decent amount of leftover serum.

It is meant to be hydrating...but I don't have very dry skin. I do think the last mask I tried was more hydrating. The texture of this is sticky. Wouldn't use this any other way than before bed due to the texture and stickiness. Other than that I can't say I really noticed much of a difference. 

Now looking at my skin a day later...still no difference.I just don't find these do a whole lot for my skin but not sure I can complain too much since it was about .99 cents.

I did check where it was made since the Aloe mask was made in China. The Green Tea Mask is made in Korea.

It has some ingredients...and some that get the side eye. But I think that's just the nature of sheet masks.

Ingredients:Water/Eau, Glycerin, Propanediol, Glycereth 26, Alchohol Denat,  Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lecithin, Shea Butter, Betaine, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum Disodium Edta, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Potassium Hydroxide,Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Fragrance

There are plain one-ingredient oils that have done more for my skin and are way cheaper per application than this mask. Not something I would recommend or buy again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment