Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Week Two with Marley Spoon +Angel Biscuits

 I did my second week with Marley Spoon this week...and it was very fun. But a bit tiring because of all the cooking - I think it's due to my schedule. I still have two more weeks of 10 Euro off but I'm going to put those off so I can have a few weeks off. But it was fun having everything planned out and sent directly to the door..while picking out some fun dishes.

So here's what I made:

The first dish was pineapple BB chicken wraps with a side salad. These were calorie heavy but so good! I would definitely use their idea/make these again! I didn't know making something like this was so easy. Also you get leftover lettuce which is nice.

Then I made a Thai Cashew Chicken and Rice dish..with tons of veggies! I don't add salt to the dishes for health reasons...so I don't know if that played a role. But this didn't have any flavor. I was kinda disappointed but at least it was filled with veggies!

And the last one was a pesto pasta dish with walnuts, pears,and chicken. I liked that it had fresh basil but the basil didn't arrive fresh. Overall, I really liked this and would make something similar again. As you can probably tell, I'm very drawn to the dishes that have some kind of fruit but you don't have to go for that, there are many options!


And last..I made Angel biscuits. I didn't really follow the instructions- I didn't feel like freezing them and didn't read ahead. They are different in that they have yeast and less butter than your regular old biscuits..but I'm not a fan. I tried to dress them up with raspberry and chocolate cream cheese. I got the recipe here. Coulda been me..but I don't like the cross between dinner rolls and biscuits.


And that's all..my whole week of cooking in a post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment