Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Lush Pearl Massage Bar Review


I've heard a rumor that Lush is discontinuing these..if course now that I am finally trying them all that out. But this is one I don't really mind if they discontinue.

Lush claims:

Treat yourself to a floral massage with rose, argan oil and sago pearls.

12 Euro 

This is my first item with one of Lush's most popular scents- Rose Jam. Somehow I had never heard of it, nor come across it. I think this bar has been out since at least 2014..which honestly surprises me.

It smells really good. If you love strong Rose scents... this is for you. Its  more a strong Rose scent with a a little vanilla in it to warm it up. Like if you baked Rose cookies.  And it's very strong unlike a lot of Rose scented things you might buy. I like the scent. It reminds me of the Lancome La Vie Eat Belle perfume- they would play well together.

The scent is also very long lasting. It lasts for at least 8 hours, which is very impressive for something that is just a massage bar. 

It's also very hydrating. Probably the most hydrating body product you can use. It can go on a bit heavy but on my skin takes only a few moments to sink in and I'm left with soft hydrated skin until the next time I shower.

I've been using it about 1-2 times a week and its lasting a decent amount of time....but it could be that most of the time, I don't actually want to use it because of the little pink sago pearls. 

They serve no purpose and just scratch your skin, break the bar apart prematurely, and make the product hard to apply. They are annoying in what would otherwise be an excellent product. I'm surprised it has been sold this long as is, probably due to people loving the scent enough to overlook but I don't see how they can. 

The ingredients are excellent. Skin loving ingredients like Cocoa, Shea, and even Argan oil.  Can't go wrong with them except the Propylene Glycol. Not a a fan of that ingredient.

Ingredients: 

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Sago, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Argan Oil, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Geranium Oil, Lemon Oil, Coconut Oil, Citral Limonenes, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Perfume, Colour

It would be an amazing product...if they got rid of the sago balls. They do have a new massage bar called Rose Argan which is a limited Valentine Release...it's similar enough without the balls but not a permanent product. But this bar as is was a let down.




No comments:

Post a Comment