Saturday, January 16, 2021

Lush Goddess Bath Bomb Review


 This is a popular bath bomb, I googled it and a ton of reviews came up.Of course, that's not going to stop me from adding mine. From what I read, this was supposed to be a limited edition one that was hard to get your hands on before they decided to make it permanent. And I'm glad they did, the ingredients and color make it a more unique bath bomb.

Lush claims:

Drop this gorgeous globe into the water and let the sensual jasmine, rose and oudh oil fragrance envelop you. Creamy cocoa butter waters and shimmering plastic-free luster make you feel like an ethereal being from head to toe. Drift away with a divine experience that lingers long after the fizz is done.



This was one of the ones I was most excited to smell in my last haul. It has some exotic and expensive oils in it. Like Oudh. I saw the essential oil a site once and a teeny tiny bottle was $200 bucks. This is what Lush says about Oud-  

When certain agarwood trees are infected with a mold called Phialophora parasitica, they produce a precious, rare resin called oudh. Because of its rarity, this perfume material is extremely expensive, costing more than gold by weight.

 Not something I will ever be able to afford so I can't tell you what it smells like- just that is quite pricy and most products that have it are pricey too . It has osmanthus, another one I don't really know what it smells like. And it has Rose, Jasmine, and Sandalwood. All the expensive oils. 


So I couldn't wait to smell it. It's hard to describe but it definitely smells like a perfume. A pricey perfume and has a note that reminds me of a Queen Latifah perfume I had a few years ago- although I hated that. I did like the scent of the bath bomb and enjoyed it throughout my whole bath, especially when it softened down.. And I noticed the scent lingered on my skin but not the bathroom. 


Now onto my favorite thing...the color. It's the prettiest shade of Lilac/Lavender with really subtle shimmer. Definitely in my top favorites for bath water color! I felt like a "goddess"



Also...unlike last weeks bath bomb- no staining or other issues with it! 

It's not all natural...but it does have some great ingredients in it. Ingredients that kinda justify the price of the bath bomb which is almost 6 pounds, 9 USD or 8.50 in Euro. 

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Jasmine Absolute, Osmanthus Absolute, Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Oil, Cream of Tartar, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Water, Cornstarch, Argan Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Synthetic Glitter, Sodium Cocoa Sulfate, Tin Oxide, Cocamidapropyl Betaine, Maltodextrin, Laureth 4 Dipropylene Glycol, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour

It was really nice to try and I enjoyed my bath with it...but the price (unless you are ordering from the UK) is very high for a product that goes down the drain and is a one time use...might try the perfume out one day though! 


No comments:

Post a Comment