Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Face Shop Brightening Lemon Sheet Mask Review

 

Today makes the first day of my "vacation". I have the next ten days off. I decided to take my birthday week off. So I'm pretty excited about it.  I started off my week with a self pamper mask session. I've been doing one every week. I don't think I've ever had a straight up lemon mask..but I do like lemon so I was kinda excited to try it. 


The Face Shop claims:

The brightening sheet mask with lemon extract brightness dull skin to create a radiant look

What To Love

CLAIM TO FAME: An instant skin treat that hydrates and brightens for a flawless look

FAST FACTS: Lemon-infused water-type essence helps control melanin to even out skin tone; naturally lightens for a more radiant look; rich in vitamin and minerals found in plant and fruit extracts; air-pocket pulp mask sheet holds nutrient-rich essence for longer-lasting moisturization; high quality soft sheet provides good fit and adhesion; mild enough for daily use


PERFECT FOR: Dull, spotty, blotchy, blemished skin


I wouldn't say my skin was dull...but I do like a little brightening treatment every now and then. The first thing I noticed was the scent. When I took it out it smelled like fresh cut lemon. Another sniff and it smelled like lemon cleaning product. Which I wasn't a fan of  but it didn't really linger around and after a few moments I couldn't even smell it. 

In applying it, you can really tell these don't fit my face. But I made it work. I let it sit until it mostly dried up and rubbed the rest of the serum on my body. 

Immediately after, my skin did look more radiant and bright. I fell asleep. Woke up looking greasy. Gave my face a good rinse and went about my day. And my skin has had a brighter, glow-y look to it all day. Finally a mask from The Face Shop that actually did something for my skin! 

This one was made in Korea. I noticed the Aloe one was make in China so I was checking the labels on all the other ones I bought out of curiosity. 

As with all of them..the ingredients leave something to be desired. It has alcohols,glycols, cones and a bunch of other things I don't really like in my skincare. 

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Glycereth 26, Alchohol Denat, Lemon Fruit Extract, 12 Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated lecithin, Lecithin, Shea Butter, Betaine, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Carbomer, Xanthum Gum, Disodium EDTA, Peg 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. 

Overall, for 99 cents not a bad one to use if you want to brighten your skin. For me, when I need that bright glowy look I like to use Sea Buckthorn oil. It does the same thing..and is cheaper per application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment