Monday, February 1, 2021

Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom PocketBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel


 I've had a few of these and never thought to review them. Until today. My grandpa is heavy on my mind. He has been in the hospital since Thursday with Covid, and was put on a ventilator yesterday. Things aren't looking too good but I'm sending prayers up and staying hopeful. 

Bath and Body Works claims:

A graceful blend of Japanese cherry blossom, mimosa petals & sandalwood

Infused with essential oils, shea extract, vitamin E & aloe, our skin-softening hand sanitizer kills 99.9% of most common germs, while the pocket-friendly design makes it easy to keep hands clean & conditioned on-the-go. Don't forget to add a cute holder, sold separately! Formula is 68-71% alcohol. Color of cap may vary.

Hand sanitizer was low when things first started locking down in March...but every time I go out to a certain store I would pick one up, so I was OK for awhile. Hand Sanitizer was just a staple, I always had one in my bag, sometimes one laying around my car. Somehow when they started getting low, these were around. I already went through one of them, and I keep this one in my car and use it when I can't wash my hands. 

Which makes me want to mention- I noticed some people (at work) would use hand sanitizer  instead of washing their hands after using the toilet. Come out the stall and just pump some on and walk out. That's nasty. Hand sanitizer does reduce bacteria..but it doesn't get rid of it all! If you have a sink and soap...use the sink and soap and save the sanitizer for when you can't wash your hands! 

It says on the bottle "decreases bacteria". Not kill completely. 

Anyway, on to the actual review. It's not my favorite hand sanitizer, but I'm still happy to have it.

It's the Japanese Cherry Blossom scent. And it's very strong, kinda overpowering, and really sticks to you. I kept forgetting I applied it and then would wonder what I had put on. It's a strong, mature type of scent. I guess it's OK. It's just not really my thing. It overpowers the alcohol though. All you really smell unless you sniff directly is the cherry blossom scent. 

I think this scent is kinda unisex though. So there should be no issue with men using it. 

It is a little bit drying. But that's due to the alchohol which is a necessary part of reducing germs. 

The price is OK. $1.95 for an ounce. I wish they were bigger. They used to be $1.75. So they have gone up since whenever this one was made. 

Ingredients: 

Water, Isopropyl Alchohol, Fragrance, Vitamin E, Aloe Juice, Wheat Amino Acids Vitamin A, Honey Extract, Palm Extract, Olive Extract, Coconut Extract, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Lactose, Aminomethyl propanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerin, Ultra Marines,  Colour 

Overall, not my favorite hand sanitizer due to the scent...but I'm grateful for it. And I would get it again (probably in a different scent though). 

Mask up, wash your hands, keep your distance and stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment