Thursday, April 21, 2022

Viseart Warm Mattes- First Impressions and Swatches on Dark Skin


I finally got my hands on Warm Mattes which has been on my wishlist for quite awhile. Unfortunately I'm not as thrilled with it as I thought I would be. I'm very glad I got the small size. I think the tones are just a little off on my complexion and they lack richness. Much the same problem I had with the 01 Neutral Matte..but I can get more of those colors to work on my complexion than I can with this one.

Beurre- Perfect brow highlight color for me. I've learned the ones that lean yellow worth the best for me.  I'm glad the lightest shade in the palette works for me, because that isn't the case for the 01 neutral matte palette.

Criossant- Another good highlight shade. So many in this palette. It's kinda overkill but I guess I have enough to last the rest of my life.

Bisque- Another one that look a little weird as a lid shade..but makes a great brow highlight. That slight yellow is what makes it work. It has a lot of kickback though. Reminds of the Anastasia Formula.

Saffron- In the pan this looks like the perfect dark yellow. I really want a dark yellow but I'm having a hard time finding the perfect yellow. It just needs to be a a few shades darker and then it would have been my perfect yellow. Other than that the quality is pretty good. Yellow is usually a hit and miss. It's the best yellow in my collection. I might search for a base to go with it one of these days.

Brioche- Kinda too light and ashy to use as a lid shade. So we have yet another brow shade.

Cantaloupe- Oooh another orange. I used to barely have orange shades in my collection. Now I can't get way from them . They are everywhere. This is a pretty shade, I have to pair it correctly get it to look right on me. I do like mixing it with the yellow.

Cidre- It's barely deeper than Bique shade. So close I don't need both. Ehh it's alright, not many uses on my skintone except...brow highlighter. Maybe inner corner highlight but it looks a little odd. It's just a little ashy on me for some reason. And here I thought I would rock these shades.

Flame- I usually love orange shadow...I think the tone might be wrong on my complexion though. Might try mixing it in some blush or trying it as a blush because orange usually shines as a complexion product for me. 

Brûlée- This is another one that looks slightly ashy. It doesn't have any richness to it. I can't tell if it's a pigmentation problem but I don't particularly love these. 

Nutmeg- I love the tones of this one but it's not very pigmented. I think all of these shades lack the ability to build up or really show up on my complexion. I'll have to use it or mix it into other colors outside of this palette. 

Mocha-Viseart never makes deep dark chocolate browns...and they still haven't in this palette. It's oddly cool toned. And doesn't really go that well with the other colors. At least in my opinion. I do like cool toned browns though...will probably reach for this to use with shades outside the palette. 

Brick- This is an Ok color. I think I would mostly use it with colors outside of this palette as it's not stand-alone flattering on me.

I love how tiny the pans are. And that they are magnetic so you can rearrange to your hears to desire. 

Since the pans are smaller though, it makes them a little less versatile. It's harder to get blush brushes, contour brushes, bronzer brushes in it. Maybe not the best size for a pro. I knew what I was getting going in and don't mind so much, but it's worth noting. 

I notice some of the shades really have a lot of kick up. It reminds of the Anastasia formula a little bit. 

So far I'm not super enthusiastic about it. I think it just lacks richness and versatility. A rich deep (warm)  brown would have really made this palette work better for me. I will really have to play with some of the deep browns and find one that I think pairs well. I have a few to try in palettes and a few MAC singles I can give a go with it. If I find that perfect shade I will come back and update. Also I will update as I use the shades more. I tend to do that with all my palettes.

 By far I prefer the Neutral Mattes Mileu for a neutral palette. They show up much better and have richer pigment overall.

Next up Cool Mattes....

I finally got me some David's Tea, most of them were blah but I did really like the Banana Bread Chai, S'mores Chai, and the Chocolate Chili Chai. I've had a lot of fun drinking and making different lattes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment