Sunday, December 24, 2023

Chai Concentrate, Hummus Soup, Shrimp Scampi with Orzo



  I've been having such an amazing weekend and feeling so much better than I have in a long time. I am just feeling so blessed to spend these holidays with Friends and Family. Before we get the holiday movies started and maybe do a bit of Holiday Karaoke, figured I would knock out a post. 

I've had a lot of misses cooking wise lately- except for the cookies I baked. So this is a post full of misses.



Starting with Chai Concentrate. I love tea- drink it all the time so I was excited to make my own chai with spices. But I won't be doing it this way again. I have favorites that come pre- made that taste better. The spices just really did not give the kick I was thinking. It may have been my tea base too. I bought a big bag of Yorkshire Gold on Amazon but I think using a higher quality tea would have worked better. I turned mine into a latte...it was OK. But would not make again.


Next up, I made Shrimp Scampi. I bought some cheap shrimp and it tasted like cheap Shrimp so I won't be doing that again. The pasta itself was OK. I think I probably missed some of the salt. The lemon flavor was nice. But overall it was a little boring. And I don't like orzo pasta. I would rather any other pasta. But I'm glad I gave it a try, if only just to say I tried it. 




And last up Hummus soup. I love Hummus-so I was excited for this. But  did not like at all. I threw it out. I think the spices just didn't go well and make it taste like actual Hummus. Or maybe it was me using my own dried beans. Anyway- I hated it. I haven't had much luck with the Vitamix soup recipes and I still have quite a few to go. 

And that's all. A disappointing round of recipes but it's like that sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment