Friday, December 22, 2023

Covergirl Professional Remarkable Mascara in Very Black




 Today has been a very good day. Probably because I had the day off. And I had the day off yesterday. Two days in a row. Sometimes you just need a break from work. Anyway, I'm in the house because it's warm- and it's that time to start watching Christmas movies. We watched This Christmas today which is a holiday special for my family.

Anyway back to mascara. I think this is the last of the Professional line from Covergirl that I have to try. Their professional line is nothing special, I thought maybe I would discover an amazing oldie but goodie but I found them all to be very average. 

Covergirl claims:

When you want to make a statement with your eyes, use COVERGIRL Professional Remarkable Mascara. This voluminous mascara is specially formulated with intense black brown pigment to make your lashes stand out in any light. The lightweight formula builds up your lashes to be long and full. This black brown mascara lasts all day without smudging, clumping, or drying out. The natural bristles of the brush help coat each lash evenly for buildable volume while the dramatic effect will last through any weather–rain or shine.

Made in USA

The mascara comes in a pretty purple tube. I've tried the magenta one and the blue one already so the only color left was purple. They seem pretty 80's to me but I can't find anything about when they came out.


The brush is just like the other brushes in the line from what I can remember. The classic brush in a normal size. I find it easy to control and use.

The first week of using it, I was very unimpressed but as it has dried up the mascara has been working better. But still just very average and forgettable results. The pigment is nice, but most blacks tends to look the same on me. It doesn't really build up on itself, just gets to a certain point and the look you get is the look you get.

I do feel like it looks a bit deflated at the end of the day...but not as bad as some mascara's I have had previously. If I add another coat after it has dried it helps it to keep the slight curl it gives.

It is washable but a bit harder to get off. I find that to be true of almost all Covergirl mascaras I have tried so far. Could just be the soap I use though.


Where are my lashes? 


Overall, very average and unremarkable. Not a bad buy but nothing I would get again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment