Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dior J'adore Silky Soap Review


I've been meaning to buy this perfume for awhile now but haven't quite gotten to it. J'adore is a relaitively modern fragrance that came out in 1999. It's a fruity floral- one of my favorite scent combinations. I haven't gotten to the point of buying the perfume but I did treat myself to the soap. It was on sale from Macy's. 

Dior claims:

This creamy soap gives the protective and nourishing effect of the cotton nectar*.

Enriched with essential oils of ylang ylang, it gives a feeling of freshness and well-being and at the same time preserves the natural balance of the skin.

J'adore by Dior is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. J'adore was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. Top notes are Pear, Melon, Magnolia, Peach, Mandarin Orange and Bergamot; middle notes are Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Tuberose, Freesia, Rose, Orchid, Plum and Violet; base notes are Musk, Vanilla, Blackberry and Cedar. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Best National Advertising Campaign / TV 2007.

I haven't tried many fragrances from Dior...so this would be the second one. And I think of the two I've tired I like this one a little more. It's not terribly unique. Mostly I get Jasmine and Pear. But in a perfume-y way- it has more notes than that but that is how I would describe it. I don't know how similar or different it is fro the perfume because I haven't tried it. The scent is nice in the shower, but it doesn't scent the whole bathroom or seem to linger noticeably. It does really smell like a perfumed soap- there is a difference between the quality of the scent of this type of soap to other regular soaps. I don't think you could find a dupe of this soap from any other brand- and that's a good thing considering the price.

The only other perfumed soap I have used was the Chanel 5 bar soap. The Chanel soap definitely felt like luxury to me. I think it's more luxurious than J'ador but the scent of J'ador is more modern and will appeal to more people. 

As for the soap itself, it lathers nicely. But doesn't feel too much different from other soaps. It's not too drying most days- every now and again I do notice my skin is a teensy bit dry and that I should put on lotion.

It is a bar of soap so I am saving a bottle of plastic from the recycle bin. 

I find ingredients in luxury stuff are never the best but I knew that when I bought it. This does at least have Shea Butter, Jasmine Extract, and Cotton Extract (whatever that's supposed to do.) I do think it's a little odd that it contains SLS and Mineral Oil. I wish they would switch out Mineral Oil for a better oil- maybe Jojoba Oil? Almond Oil? 

ingredients:

#15842 SODIUM PALMATE • SODIUM PALM KERNELATE • AQUA (WATER) • PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) • ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH • POTASSIUM LAURYL SULFATE • BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) OIL • JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) FLOWER EXTRACT • PALM KERNEL ACID • CETEARYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • GLYCERIN • SODIUM CHLORIDE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • TRIETHYL CITRATE • LIMONENE • TETRASODIUM EDTA • TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) • COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM (COTTON) EXTRACT

List price is $33 and I managed to get it for $28. Which is pricey...I don't know that I would buy it again. But it was fun to try once. And might make a nice gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment