Sunday, December 10, 2023

Rephr 02 Brush Review


 I just tried and completely failed at making a chocolate cake. It's not such a mess that I have to throw it away but it is pretty disappointing how it turned out because I just knew it was going to turn out amazing and then I was gonna make a glaze and icing and decorate but...the recipe just sucked. I'll probably post more about it tomorrow....

Rephr claims:

a firm shader brush that's dense and soft at the same time - optimized for maximum pigment payoff. works with both powders and creams and is perfect for laying down pigments, quick smokey eyes and delicate work near the lower lashline.

the 02 is our flagship shader brush and has been optimized to work for all eye shapes, including hooded eyes and monolids.

handmade in Kumano, Japan by master artisans using uncut natural hair.

Rephr brushes blew up a a few years ago and I was curious about them...but I have a lot of brushes. I've heard mixed things about them, some say they are amazing. And other reviews I read said they were scratchy and the bristles fall out. I thought I would take a chance anyway...not that I needed the brushes but I have a few MAC favorites they don't make anymore (in a natural bristle) and I just wanted a backup. I had tried to buy what I thought were similar brushes to some  I have but when they would arrive in the mail they were never similar enough. 

MAC 239, Rephr 02

I bought this specifically to dupe my MAC 239. I love that brush.. I've had it for years and it works exactly the same as when I first bought it and I've used washed and used it billion times.

I use this brush for packing shadow on (works great with Matte shades) and pretty well for shimmers. You can use it to add color to the lower lash lines. I've seen talented artists use this type of brush for crease work.

It packs on shadow really well and it does feel like it helps certain shades last longer due to the way you can push it into the lid with this brush. It reminds me of the MAC one. I can use both brushes interchangeably. Which is exactly what I was looking for. 

Usually I'm not a fan of brands that just dupe others...but in this case MAC no longer makes this type of brush in natural bristles- goat hair. Synthetic brushes have really taken over- but I prefer natural hair. Mostly because just about everything has plastic and if I can reduce plastic in my life, that makes me happy. 

Another thing I love is the price. Rephr runs sales. So you can get this at half the price I bought my MAC one years ago. 

And lastly, love that they are handmade in Japan. I'm a sucker for handmade things. The brush itself looks sleek, modern, and feels like quality. The handle is a little shorter than the MAC ones but I find it really comfortable to hold and use.

I love thise brush just as much as the MAC one. I'm really happy to have one similar because even though I will probably have that MAC one for years to come, I wanted a backup just in case and since they don't sell them anymore- I'm glad to have this. Definitely keeping this in the rotation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment