Friday, January 19, 2024

Ray Charles

 


Already that time for a music post...and today we talk Ray Charles. I didn't know too much of Ray Charles music until they did the movie except for about two songs. And I did watch the movie- that was back when I used to watch more biographical movies.  I don't watch them anymore- mostly because they keep doing the same people over and over and I've just lost interest. I will still read the Wikipedia page and gossip sites for their "tea" though

. I really enjoyed the Ray movie- with the exception of the drug scenes. I hate watching those type of scenes, drug addiction scares me while more horror movies mostly do not. I want to watch the move again but I do not want to see those scenes. 

But back to the music.

We'll start with Georgia on My Mind. I like the song sometimes. Other times it's a little bit boring to me. But still a classic and one I won't delete from my music library. 


With that song out the way- one of my favorite songs by Ray is Hit the Road Jack. I grew up knowing this one.  I live for Margie's part, I've heard other people do it and it just isn't the same. Also...love Ray's mannerisms and how Jamie Foxx completely nailed it in the movie. There are a lot of great live versions of this one and I just to just hear Ray talk and talk....such stage presence he had.


Next song, I Believe to my Soul. This one I remember from the movie...immediate download when I heard it while listening through his catalogue. It has a bluesy sound to it that I really enjoy.


Couldn't find a live version of this one. It's a little different than the others- but actually all his songs sound so different from each other. 

If Hit the Road Jack is my favorite, Hallelujah I Love Her So is the 2nd favorite. I definitely must have heard this growing up (movies). Such a feel good song, puts a smile right on my face. I didn't know it was Ray's song. 


And last but not least- one of my faves! I definitely first heard this on the Cosby show from one of my favorite scenes. I love it, love it, love it!  And especially Margie's voice. I need to look up and listen to her other music. Kinda bummed there isn't a live clip on youtube....



Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment