Monday, January 22, 2024

Kneipp Sport Bath Recovery Review

 I am exhausted. It was moving day yesterday and today I have so much respect for movers. It's hard work, especially if you love up a couple flights of stairs. Which....I do. But I'm glad it's over. And would probably never do it myself again. But I remember I had this...and thought it would be the perfect recovery bath. Can't go wrong with anything that has menthol. 


Kneipp claims:

The Kneipp health bath sport recovery with natural essential rosemary oil and menthol as well as essential oils of eucalyptus and camphor in combination with the herbaceous fresh scent and the cool blue of the water gives a soothing and relaxing bathing experience, for recovery after sports. The bath leaves a fresh and cooling feeling on the skin and the moisture of the skin is preserved at the same time. In combination with the soothing effect of bath water, the essential oils in their combination unfold their natural fragrance effect for an all-round relaxing and relaxing bathing experience. With cooling effect: reduces sweating after bath. Formulated without microplastics. Application: Fill the lid once and add bath oil to the warm bath water (36-38 °C). Bath time: 15-20 min. Rinse lid.

I thought this would be Eucalyptus because that's the preferred muscle recovery oil so I was pretty surprised to see it is Rosemary and Menthol. It does smell reminiscent of Eucalyptus- it is listed in the ingredients. It is very medicinal smelling and that's OK. Sometimes that's just what you need. I really liked the scent but it's not something I would use unless I was in need of helping sore muscles.

The color of the water was so pretty and blue. I think blue is my favorite bath color. It made a little foam but it doesn't stick around. 

I think it did help. My arm muscles are sore, but before I used this I anticipated much more sore muscles today than what I have now. So I think it did help. It doesn't completely get rid of the aches and pains but...it helps. Much better than nothing. 

I don't notice the cooling effect..but that's because I put the bath water on lava. I like HOT water. 


Ingredients:

Polysorbate 20, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Menthol, Camphor, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil Expressed, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Ger. aniol, citral, Coumarin, Citric Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Glycine Soy (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, CI 42090.


Overall, I liked it. If you anticipate aches and pains, I would recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment