Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Samples Review: Dior La Mousse Off/On, Capture Totale Firming and Wrinkle Correcting Cream, and Lancome Idole Now

 Got my hands on a few new samples to review. I bought a few Christmas gifts and this time they came with samples. Which is nice, because I ordered a few things that should have come with samples and then never did. 

So we will start with the cleanser. I like that it's concentrated, just a dab will clean your whole face. And I like the scent. It smells like how you would think Dior skincare would smell. It's not overpowering but you can definitely smell it. It's a scent experience. Other than that it seems to work well. But looking at the retail price- probably not something I would ever spend the money on. It retails for 51 Euro. There are facial cleansers out there that work the same or better for much cheaper. 

I also picked out the wrinkle cream- why not? I don't think a few uses will fix wrinkles but doesn't hurt to try. It smells really nice, almost like a perfume and on the stronger side. It's definitely an experience. And a choice as I feel most brands have gone fragrance free. I don't mind scented skincare though. It does work well as a moisturizer but it breaks me out. I have a stubborn pimple that just won't go away since I've been using this and a few other ones have popped up over the course of testing the sample. So....it's not something I would ever buy again and especially not at the listed price- 140 Euro! But it was nice to try out a luxury skincare line. 


And last up, Lancome Idole Now. I have never tried the flagship version but figured I can't go wrong with a sampler. The notes sound Ok- Rose, Vanilla, Orchid. But overall I used the whole sample yesterday and not a single thing sticks out or was memorable about it. It's pleasant but forgettable and didn't really smell unique. I don't have any plans to buy the full size based on the sampler.

No comments:

Post a Comment