Monday, February 12, 2024

Jo Malone Peony and Blushed Suede Candle Review




 Getting back into the blog thing. I was trying to spend more time with my family since they went back to the states yesterday so I ended up neglecting my blog. . I've been a bit sad but I'll be Ok. Anyway...back to posting. I've had this candle for a long time and it's getting old so I need to start burning it more while it's still good. I think it has lost some of its scent strength now that it's over year old.

Jo Malone claims:

Fill the room with the opulence of an English ballroom adorned with peonies in full bloom. The rich textures shimmering in the candlelight. Crafted in the British countryside in a signature glass design. Burn time approx. 45 hours. Lid included. Fill weight 200g.

I haven't had a ton of Peony scented things so I didn't really have any idea what I was getting into when I bought this. I just knew I really wanted something pretty and floral. And this is very pretty, very feminine, and very floral. It smells like a perfume- which makes sense because it is a perfume scent. It makes me think of a pink room with lots of frills and lace. 

I'm not sure about the other notes. It does have the  blushed suede in the title....so pink suede leather? I can't really say I get leather notes. It doesn't smell like any other floral candle- it really has a nice concentration of high quality smelling fragrance oils. 

I got this candle for a steal...I paid under $30. I think it was the wrong price online. I really should have stocked up because I think the quality is excellent. It's a small candle with a LARGE throw. I've been burning it very sporadically so I can't say that I notice it being a slow burner. It's supposed to be a 45 hour burn time. The list price is over $70, which is expensive. If I won the lottery, I would likely buy it again...I think I'm going to see if I can find a similar candle for a more budget friendly price though.

From what I've read they aren't paraffin. It is supposed to be beeswax, coconut, and soy. I think the beeswax makes the wax firmer than most other waxes which almost made me think the candle was paraffin.But I don’t have any issues with sooting like most paraffin candles do seem to produce soot. 


Overall, it's a great quality and very expensive candle. If I were making a list of the best floral candles- this would be on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment