Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Rephr 01 Brush Review

 I'm procrastinating washing some dishes and a blog post is the perfect procrastination. i bought some Rephr brushes a while back...mostly because they are so similar to MAC natural haired brushes which have been discontinued. I kinda panic bought these now that I think about it...just in case something happens to some of my favorite MAC brushes. I mostly wanted these as backup. I'm also more likely to travel with these because I can replace them should something happen to one. 

Rephr claims:

a luxurious multi-purpose eyeshadow brush designed for effortless shading and blending. this brush works equally well with powder and cream products and is also capable of spot concealing and detail highlighting.

the 01 is our flagship eye brush that's been carefully calibrated to work for all eye shapes, including hooded eyes and monolids.

handcrafted in Kumano, Japan by master artisans using uncut natural hair.

bristle length: 16mma luxurious multi-purpose eyeshadow brush designed for effortless shading and blending. this brush works equally well with powder and cream products and is also capable of spot concealing and detail highlighting.

the 01 is our flagship eye brush that's been carefully calibrated to work for all eye shapes, including hooded eyes and monolids.

handcrafted in Kumano, Japan by master artisans using uncut natural hair.

bristle length: 16mm

This is supposed to be similar to the MAC 217. Which is in my top two eye brushes...and one of the most versatile. I think this is a great dupe of the MAC 217. I might even like it more....imagine that. I think the bristles are fluffier and the brush is a little bigger than the 217. Essentially they really do the same thing. I had problems with my 2nd MAC brush having some breakage and being a tiny bit scratchy.

I mostly use these type of brushes for blending and applying some color in the crease. But you can use it for concealer, to apply under eye powder, to apply high-light to the brow bone, and whatever else. Also to apply a wash of color all over the lid.

I haven't had any issues with scratchiness or shedding. The brush is really soft but still picks up good color.

It is on the pricier side but Rephr often runs promotions so definitely wait for a sale and don't buy them full price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment