Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Mario Summer Shine Summer Body Lotion Review


 It's definitely not summer...but I'm using a summer body lotion anyway. I think it's because I am longing for warmer weather. I'm tired of the cold and the rain. Also I've been trying more commercial body lotions- but I think I might pull back on that because most of them I haven't really been impressed with. I should probably go back to my DIY oils and butters. They are healthier for the skin anyway.

Mario claims:

Midweight body cream.
Non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula.
Infused with subtle gold shimmer to add a glowy sheen.
Illuminates, softens, and nourishes skin.

We'll start with the scent- which is pretty typical. Smells like suntan lotion and coconuts. I haven't smelled Queen Helene Cocoa Butter lotion in years and years but I'm pretty sure it smells just like it. So if you have tried it and you love the scent and want it for less, I would recommend that. It's a very light and unobtrusive scent.

The lotion itself is light pink and supposed to have sparkles. It really doesn't have much noticeable shimmer/glitters though.  They are really really micro and hardly noticeable. If you are looking for super subtle this would be that. Although it's so unnoticeable there doesn't seem to be a point.The texture itself reminds of something from Kiehl's. 

It is fast absorbing, non-greasy, light, easy to spread. My skin is already soft from the body wash I am using...but this definitely keeps the softness and has been making my skin feel even softer. If you are using something that roughens or dries out your skin- this wouldn't fix it. It just enhances already softened skin.  I don't think it would do much for really dry skin either. 

The packaging is pretty cool. I've never seen such packaging for a lotion so I like it. It is a small bottle- only 6 ounce for $10- I bought it on sale for $8. It's more expensive than drugstore but a more budget option available in some department stores. 

The only thing that's a little disappointing is that I thought Mario Badescu had better ingredients. I  want to avoid ingredients that have been potentially labeled micro-plastic and some of the ingredients are questionable. I didn't read the ingredients before I bought it.

I'm a little bit surprised to see it has so much Peanut Oil. Not an oil you see in most body/skin care. But I think I would prefer it to Safflower, Mineral, or Corn oil which are the cheapest oils. It still does have Corn Oil though.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water, Eau), Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax, Cire D´Abeille), Isopropyl Myristate, Triethanolamine, Retinyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Quaternium-15, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5), Ci 45410 (Red 28), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6), Ci 42090 (Blue 1)

Overall, it's fine. I probably wouldn't buy it again. There are so many other things out there to try......

I have a few more things from the Mario Badescu brand to review and then I will probably move on to another brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment