Sunday, February 18, 2024

Irish Spring Original Body Wash Review




 I just finished making some cookie dough, the first batch of what will probably be three batches of cookie dough this week. I guess it will be a good way to test my oven out...I really hope the temperature on it is accurate or else I am not in for a fun time. 

Anyway...today we review Irish Spring. A few years back I reviewed the bar version

Irish Spring claims:

Smell like you came from a nice-smelling place with Irish Spring Original Clean Body Wash.

 

Benefits:

  • Original Clean is the new name of our Original body wash
  • Retains skin’s moisture and keeps you fresh for 24 hours
  • Made with biodegradable cleansing ingredients, paraben free and formulated without phthalates
  • This men’s body wash lathers well and washes away bacteria
  • Use as a body wash or face wash and stay fresh
  • Fresh look, same great smell, larger size (20 oz bottle vs.18 oz bottle)

The bar soap will probably be way more detailed than this. I just bought the little sampler/travel version of the gel, that way I can test it out, use it up pretty quickly and try something else. Irish Spring is supposed to a men's line but I think anyone can use it. It just smells very fresh and clean. 

I like the scent of Irish Spring, it reminds me of my grandma's house, I pour this out and I am literally in her blue bathroom...it's like magic. My grandma didn't use Irish Spring, she was a Dove user but it was always in the bathroom because of my Uncles. I guess that's what they preferred because they always had either the green or blue version of it. It smells very much like the bar, but for some reason I think the bar is stronger and smells a bit better. I'm not smelling them side by side so I am just going off memory.

Otherwise the lather is decent. It rinses clean. I don't notice it drying my skin. I actually think my skin seems a bit softer than normal. 

It's a very green and very thick gel. It won't run everywhere but it does come out in blobs. 

Ingredients aren't the best but it's what I would expect. 

Ingredients:
Water/Eau, Sodium C12-13 Alketh Sulfate and/or et/ou Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance/Parfum, Citric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-7, Green 3, Yellow 5.

Overall, it's fine. Good for a trip down memory lane but probably not something I would get again. I'm more likely to go with the bar soap since I like bars better anyway- and I can save some plastic by opting for the bar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment