Thursday, February 22, 2024

Regina Belle


 I meant to do this post yesterday but I was so tired I just laid in my bed- too tired to sleep but too tired to do anything else. Not sure why I was so exhausted...but I definitely didn't get as much sleep as I needed so I hope I can get to sleep early tonight. But knowing me probably not.

Anyway on to Regina Belle. I adore her voice. Her voice is perfection.I feel like she is really underrated and slept on.

I think her voice is most recognizable to the masses on A Whole New World. I love Disney songs from the 80's and 90's and this might be my favorite. Often imitated, never duplicated! 


One of my absolute favorite, favorites (had to say it twice) is Baby Come to Me. She KILLED THIS LIVE. I hear and see so much Patti Labelle in this performance. Also some Anti influence. She kills those notes so effortless she makes me feel I can do it....which is a disaster 😂 




I rock with Make it Like It Was but it's a song I have to be in the mood for. When I read a little bit on the song it's supposed to be a gospel song. I can see that. I didn't realize it on my own but it makes sense. I thought it was just about a relationship where two people had drifted apart.


Next song is It Doesn't Hurt Anymore. All of the key changes were confusing to my brain at first - but they grew on me and I LOVE them now. Her voice is also just so beautiful... There are Anite Baker vibes through most of this song. And some Whitney Houston notes/style there as well so no wonder I love it.

I have three versions of Hurry Up This Way Again. And I love them all. It's an original Stylistic song- they are one of my favorite groups of all time. I think Phyllis version is my favorite but I do love this one too. 


And the last song. ....a Nancy Wilson original. I didn't like this one until I saw the live version. And I was moved. So I had to download it and add to the playlist. She just shined on this performance. If I had a kid, I would sing this to them all the time....😩


Such a beautiful voice....they don't make them like that anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment