Monday, February 26, 2024

Rephr 16 Brush Review


I had an amazing weekend.....but of course like any other week back to the Monday and the Monday bus. I'm still trying to get into the habit of writing posts regularly again. And struggling just a bit. Yesterday I was caught up in trying to use a coupon to save some money...it took me forever to decide what I wanted. And then when I was done I was too lazy to go get my computer....

Rephr 16:

a large tapered crease brush that's ideal for applying a quick wash of base color on lids.

due to its tapered shape and soft bristles, brush 16 is also a pro-favourite for detailed highlighting.

handcrafted in Kumano, Japan by master artisans using uncut natural hair.


This is the last of the brushes I bought from Rephr. I have really been enjoying my Rephr brushes so this isn't the last I'll be buying- but I'm still on a no buy and trying to review the brushes sitting in my collection. 

 I'm not sure why I picked this one up. I think I was just reading through the descriptions and looking for a brush that I could use to apply a quick wash of color. Which is not what I use this brush for at all. As far as I know there isn't a MAC brush equivalent...or if there is I don't have it.

This brush is extremely large for an eye brush, it's very fluffy, and very soft. I love it and I have been using it everyday to blend out the edges. I love the MAC 217 or Rephr 01 Brush to apply color in the crease but once it's got color on it (especially bolder colors) I don't usually like to blend with it because it can make a mess unless I am thoroughly wiping out the color. I have a lot of brushes I could use to do that final once over blend, but I love this one for it. I think because of how soft it is. And also how large it is. 

It would be good for highlighting- I haven't worn highlight in years though. But I'm sure this would do an amazing job at applying it precisely. I probably should have at least tried it for the review. But I'm so happy using it as a blender, I haven't felt the need to try it that way.

Overall, not quite a must have. But if I lost it, I would probably replace it although I have other brushes that could do the same thing. I just like it and it works well....

No comments:

Post a Comment