Monday, April 15, 2024

Chagrin Valley Carrot Milk and Honey Shampoo with Fresh Goat Milk Review

 I'm in the mood to watch a romantic comedy...so I'm sitting here and looking up when Bridgerton drops. NEXT MONTH. I really hope this next season is worth the extra long wait. I thought it was coming out around Christmas last year and was all ready for my watch party. 

Chagrin Valley claims:

Natural carrot juice, carrot oil, goat milk, raw honey, and nourishing plant oils and butters are packed into this hydrating shampoo bar to replenish moisture and add luster and body to hair. Give it a try for soft, shiny, and manageable hair. Made with Certified Humane Raised & Handled® Goat Milk.

Good For: Normal to Dry Hair, Body & Bounce, Frizz

Our naturally conditioning goat's milk shampoo bar, jam-packed with ingredients chosen to help nourish the hair and scalp, is the perfect addition to your hair care routine. Give it a try for soft, shiny, and manageable hair. 

Gentle, Goat's Milk helps condition and adds body and luster, leaving hair soft, shiny, and manageable. The proteins and fatty acids in goat milk nourish hair, help control frizz, define curls, and provide a rich moisturizing lather. Our goat milk shampoo is NOT made with goat milk powder. We use real Certified Humane Raised & Handled® Goat Milk.

Honey helps hydrate, adds shine to dull hair, and and acts as a natural sealant, holding moisture and shine in the hair. It may even help ease inflammatory scalp conditions.

The beta carotene in carrot juice and oil drench thirsty hair with nutrients. The nourishing and moisturizing properties of carrot oil make hair softer, smoother, and shinier.

Shea butter conditions and moisturizes while the essential oil blend enhances our already luxurious hair care formula.  




I just looked up when I bought this bar and I have had it for a long time. I didn't even realize I bought these in 2021. I kinda ditched them to use Aveda and whatever else I have been using and reviewing. I don't remember why. I think I was just craving some traditional shampoo that would really strip my hair and get it squeaky clean. Not that these don't work..I just think it's better to rotate them with something more traditional if you are using heavy butters, oils, cones, etc.

I just forgot to rotate it I guess.

The nice thing about Chagrin Valley is their product line stays pretty consistent. They don't discontinue your favorites...so I'm glad this is still around. 

I've used up well over half this bar and just recently pulled it back out to try and use up. Rotating it of course. It's a decent sized orange bar. Best cut into pieces to make it last. That way you aren't wetting the entire bar and melting it unnecessarily. 

It smells nice- definitely smells like carrot essential oil which I was not a fan of at first. It's grown on me and now I enjoy the scent, though I won't say it was my favorite bar. I have a bottle of carrot essential oil that I have used to make face creams by mixing it with Shea butter. My skin really loves carrot oil. And I think my hair does ok with it too.

This is truly a hydrating bar. It does not strip your hair at all but it can feel kinda heavy and like it's weighing my hair down, especially if I use it with a heavy conditioner. I think my hair needs lighter moisture. I think that's why I found it best to rotate since it does seems a bit heavier in my hair. There are other bars that Chagrin makes that agree with my hair more.

While I like these bars, I do find that if you are using less traditional stylers or things with cones- ex dimethicone (I tend to avoid them), you would probably want to use a detergent based shampoo to really wash it out. They do say you can do apple cider vinegar rinses or baking soda rinses but usually I am very lazy and rarely do it. I don't think they get the build up out as easily as a detergent based shampoo. So I find it best to rotate this with something more stopping. So one week I would use this and another week a SLS shampoo or just every now and again use a clarifying shampoo. 

I LOVE the ingredients. I don't think there are any shampoo bars that have better ingredients out there. They use a lot of natural, fresh ingredients. Also many organic ingredients.

Ingredients: 

Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Carrots, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Goat Milk, Organic Virgin Shea Butter, Organic Carrot Juice, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Virgin Palm oi, Organic Honey, Essential Oils of Lavender, Carrot Seed, Rosemary, Lemon, Organic Rosemary Oil Extract 

Overall, I think this is a nice bar. If you have hair that sucks up moisture and doesn't get weighed down easily it could be worth a try! 



No comments:

Post a Comment