Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Italian Salsa Verde, Vitamix Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup, Clam Bisque Provencal

 I think I burned myself out the week before because this past weekend I pretty much cooked absolutely nothing. I have had a cookie recipe I needed to make and it's been sitting on my list and I just could not bring myself to actually make them. I am on cookie retirement for bringing cookies to work too....but hopefully I can find the energy to make myself a batch.






So I put the pasta machine to work. It was the one thing I hurried up to replace because my parents took theirs with them- I should have stolen theirs. They wouldn't have missed it because they don't make homemade pasta. So I did the Italian Salsa Verde and put it on the chicken and on the pasta. It was actually really good. The salsa verde is parsley, lemon, anchovies, olive oil, capers, dijon, and garlic. A new combination for me. I love pesto more but this was good and I could see myself making it again. It took only a few seconds to whip together.

Soup season is almost over- but I'll probably be eating it all summer. Especially Vitamix soups. They are so easy to whip up. I used Turkey Bacon because I couldn't find Beef. I mostly try to stay away from cured meats these days but can't have a bacon soup without bacon. It was actually really good. Probably not the healthiest soup but easy to make.  This recipe is close...not exact though. I probably could have made it look better...


I have never made anything with clams before. I don't even think I have tried clam chowder. I used the clams in a can and I probably wouldn't buy the brand I got again (bumblebee). I just don't think it's for me. I had it with a grilled cheese. Maybe it will taste better after it sits but for now, I'm glad I stepped outside of my comfort zone...wouldn't make it again. Found a post of the recipe here.

And that's all for now....



No comments:

Post a Comment