Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara Review



 One more post for the day and then I am going to call it quits. The last Bobbie Brown mascara I used I absolutely loved. Compared to that mascara with the great reviews- this one with less than stellar reviews fell short. 

Bobbi Brown claims: 

High-drama volume and curl in the blink of an eye. The jumbo brush fans and pushes lashes up and out, while the rich, carbon-black formula helps thicken, curl, and lift lashes for an ultimate eye-opening effect.


The first thing I noticed about this was mascara was how huge the tube is. I'm pretty sure this is the largest mascara packaging with the biggest brush I have ever used. Even though it looks so much larger than your traditional tubes, it only holds a couple of ml more. So I don't expect this to last longer than the smaller tubes. In fact, I kinda think it's drying out a bit quicker.

When I first got it, I was not impressed at all. It just wouldn't build up unless you let the first coat dry and then I feel like I was getting flaking which was irritating my eyes. So now I let it partially dry before going in for the second coating. Still get some flaking but it takes a couple hours.

As it has dried out it is working so much better. I get more length, more volume, and more curl. It's not so bad if I take my time and really build it but I can't forget those lackluster first couple of weeks before it started drying out and getting better. It's not like the Smokey Lash mascara that performs the very first time until it starts drying up. 


I don't necessarily love the large brush- but I appreciate that even though it's so large I don't make a mess all over my lid like with some other mascaras. 

One other thing I like about it is that it looks the same at the end of the day, there aren't any wilted looking lashes. 

I do find it a little harder to wash off. I really have to get in there to get it off as I do with most mascaras these days. They aren't waterproof but just take more effort to completely clean off. I do like a really washable formulas but the ones that are harder to get off usually last better throughout the day.

Overall, I can't say this one was really worth it. If you want a good mascara from Bobbi Brown- go for the Smokey Eye mascara. 


No comments:

Post a Comment