Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Dove Restoring Coconut and Cocoa Butter Beauty Bar Review

 I'm sitting on the couch like I have nothing else to do the rest of the day. I'm just feeling extra lazy because I overdid the workout yesterday- but it felt good while I was doing it. I should take a break-at least until my body is feeling less sore but...I kinda want to work through it. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. In the meantime- we blog.

Dove claims:

A creamy Beauty Bar that hydrates and nourishes skin for a smooth finish, with coconut and cocoa butter.

• Creamy cleanser delivers the perfect balance of indulgence and care

• Effectively washes away dirt and germs while nourishing your skin

• Hydrates and nourishes for smooth skin

• With our signature ¼ moisturizing cream

• Comforting coconut scent with cocoa butter

• #1 Dermatologist recommended bar brand
Tired of searching to find what helps dry skin? Look no further – the Dove Restoring Beauty Bar is here to help. Formulated with an uplifting scent, this creamy cleanser  makes an occasion of every skin cleansing moment, helping you feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead.

Combining the fragrances of coconut milk and cocoa butter, this head-to-toe body, hand and facial cleanser nourishes skin as you wash, leaving you with a fresh face and beautifully scented skin.
 

Ordinary bar soap can dry out your skin, but Dove beauty bars contain gentle cleansers and our signature ¼ moisturizing cream which nourishes as it cleanses for soft and smooth results. So, let Dove shower you in nourishment – and get softer, smoother, refreshed skin every time. What better way to start the day? 


I was just looking through the Dove website and they have come out with so many different varieties of the Dove Beauty Bar- peach, watermelon, eczema, anti-bacterial and on and on. Are they trying to compete with Bath and Body Works? Because I don't remember them releasing so many.  Also they have really increased their prices since they have gone plant based and took out the saponified animal fats. 

First thing-scent. I could be wrong but I think this smells the same as the Shea Butter and the Peony Bar. Which I find really boring and also find I like the scent less and less each time I find it in a "new" bar. Basically this is a warm vanilla scent- it might have a hint of coconut in it but I think all bars did. The scent is almost nice except I don't like the way it combines with the underlying Dove scent that all bars have. I'm pretty sure I used to like the scent though. 

Dove downsized their bars awhile ago so they are quite a bit smaller. This one is the color of natural Cocoa Butter. I think the Shea Bar looks similar if I remember correctly. I always like the shape of Dove. And the Dove logo. 

The actual soap itself lathers up nicely. The lather is plentiful, rich, thick, creamy. Cleans OK. I really feel I have to scrub it in to get it to work well. It's not a "soap", it's a beauty bar and like all Dove bars it claims to have 1/4 moisturizing cream. I always think that's a lie though. Marketing jargon.

I don't find my skin to be too dry afterwards. But rougher spots like elbows, heels etc can feel a bit rougher with this, at least on my skin. It seems to work well on the rest of my body though. 

Ingredients are typical of what you would see from the new Dove formula. No more animal derived beef tallow- it is plant based. And it does have sunflower oil, Cocoa Butter, and Coconut Oil. I just wish they would use fair trade ingredients.

Ingredients:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Oleate, Water (Eau), Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sodium Laurate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Kaolin or (ou) Titanium Dioxide, Caramel, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Green 5 (CI 61570).


I bought six bars and have used two. I'm bored of it and don't really want to use the rest in the shower so the remaining bars will be demoted to brush cleaner/hand soap when I run out of what I have currently at the sink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment