Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Dove Purely Pampering Sweet Cream and Peony Beauty Bar Review


 

I'm in between letting my food digest so I can torch away 120 more calories to meet my goal of 1000 calories (just for today!). I burned 1200 yesterday by going on an hour and a half walk- and working out. Unfortunately I was also testing caramel popcorn this week and probably cancelled out all my hard work. I ordered the best popcorn on earth a few weeks ago (Garrett's Chicago Mix!) and destroyed it. It's so addictive and good. So I thought it would be fun to try out the ones you can get in the grocery store. Just for comparison. I picked up Poppycock (the caramel had no taste and the nuts were rancid), and Werther's (nice flavor but the popcorn was off and there were really random hard bits of clumpy caramel). Anyway that was my fun for the weekend- gotta do what you gotta do to have fun during Covid lock downs and curfews, right?


 

Anyway, Dove Sweet Cream...

Dove claims: 

Dove Purely Pampering Sweet Cream and Peony Beauty Bar helps you keep your skin soft, smooth and radiant vs. ordinary soap and adds a floral fragrance, featuring a bouquet of lavender peonies and warm sweet cream, to your shower. This Dove bar, with 1/4 moisturizing cream, combines Dove’s signature gentle cleansing and nourishment with the feminine, sophisticated sweet cream with peony scent to leave you and your skin feeling renewed. Purely Pampering: treat yourself and your skin every day. Dove Purely Pampering is a range of skin cleansing products designed to nourish your skin and pamper your senses every single day. With a blend of wholesome, skin-loving ingredients, the rich lather and warm scents promise a pampering experience that will leave you and your skin feeling balanced and renewed. For best results, enjoy the soothing fragrance as you lather this Dove Beauty Bar between your hands, smoothing the rich lather over your skin before rinsing away. Unlike traditional bar soap, the beauty bar won't leave skin feeling dry or tight


So...I thought this soap was going to be more floral. If I'm remembering correctly it smells exactly like the Dove Shea Butter. Their version of a sweet vanilla scent with that underlying Dove scent. The scent is nice, just not exactly what I was expecting with Peony in the name. But...peony is in it as an extract even if I can't smell it. 

The scent strength of this one is nice. It lingers a bit in the bathroom (only a little) and does stick to your skin for a little bit. 

The bar itself is a pretty light purple. Reminds me of the Lavender soap. 

 The lather is nice, rich, thick, creamy. Like all the Dove soaps are. It rinses easily and cleanly and doesn't particularly dry my skin although I wouldn't call it moisturizing. 

As for cleaning...eh. Not so much.

It is a bar so you are saving the earth some plastic. I wish Dove would find an alternative to wrapping all the soaps in plastic though. I do like that they are taking a stand against so much Plastic waste...which should be mentioned, I hope other companies follow suite. 

As for the ingredients, it's Dove so it definitely doesn't have the most natural ingredients. At least this one has the Peony extract which is supposed to be anti-inflammatory and good for the skin.The Pear and Aloe soap was missing aloe in the ingredients.

Ingredients:

 Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Paeonia Officinalis Flower Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 4 (CI 14700).

I wanted to love this one (it smells good!) but...I just don't. 




No comments:

Post a Comment