Monday, April 26, 2021

LL Cool J

 
Ladies love Cool James. 

And I'm a lady (in my Sheneneh voice). But for real, I love LL Cool J. I think he's probably my favorite rapper. I also loved him in the movie Kingdom Come. And In the House 🤤. 

via GIPHY


But I'm gonna try to focus on the music today. There's certain types of rap I'm a complete sucker for- rap that tells a story, rap that infuses jazz/strong jazz influence, and ballad rap. Of which LL was the originator.

Anyway, these are my favorite, must have LL songs.

 I Need Love.  Of course...this one is on the list. It's the first ballad rap song I remember hearing and....I just love it. I'm pretty sure it's the first one done but I'm way too lazy to look it up.


Next up, we have I'm Bad. I went through and listened to a lot of the songs I missed...and actually found a lot I love. This one included. I kinda want one of those hats now...


I love, love, love Around the Way Girl. I know there's a music video for it but it's not coming up for some reason. Can't nobody lick they lips like LL 😂😍


Next up, a classic. I love turning the volume all the way up when I listen in my car. It's just the perfect riding song.


Of course, gotta have Mama Said Knock You Out. This song is perfect to work out to. I can be completely exhausted and hear this and it's pure adrenaline. 


These aren't in order because this one would be higher, I love this song. I was kinda shocked when I heard the original and how similar they are. Doin It is a classic.


I Can't Live Without My Radio makes me long for the days of boomboxes. Can those make a comeback?


Love Rock the Bells. Doesn't this sound kinda like....


Big Ol' Butt is hilarious to me. I remixed it in my head...but I definitely am not gonna post those lyrics anywhere. Nope

And last but not least Back Seat. I love this one. Doesn't it sound familiar? I read Just One of Those Days by Monica samples it and for the longest time I could hear it but not really until I was like...."ohhhhh duh!!" Cool. Look at those dimples and that smile. *Sigh


Let me take my thirsty self on somewhere. But for real, I feel like LL doesn't get the props he should. If you haven't heard a lot of his music, definitely check it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment