Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Body Shop Winter Jasmine Body Butter Review

 The only reason why I bought the three holiday body butters was because I wanted this body butter. I really liked The Body Shop Body Butters back in the day. I used to try to collect and use them all and then for some reason (I think it was the price increase) I just stopped buying them. When I saw them all go on sale, I decided to pick all three of the holiday butters up.

The Body Shop claims:

With notes of orange flower, fresh jasmine and rose petals, it’s the aroma of nature thriving in wintertime. Just take in that crisp air as you hang the Christmas wreath on your front door. And feel the snow crunching under your boots.

Get silky-soft skin all Christmas with our nourishing, special edition Winter Jasmine Body Butter.

Slather on a creamy dollop of our body moisturiser. It melts into skin to leave it feeling smoother, softer and nourished with 24hr moisture. Take in that festive, refreshingly crisp and floral scent.

Made with jasmine extract from India, handcrafted Community Fair Trade shea butter from Ghana and Community Fair Trade sesame seed oil from Nicaragua, this seriously buttery treat is the perfect little Christmas gift or stocking filler.

  • Special edition body moisturiser
  • Perfect for normal and dry skin
  • Nourishes skin with 24hr moisture
  • Smells like Christmas
  • Vegan


I didn't know what to expect when I got it. I know what Jasmine smells like. But winter jasmine? Well, it basically smells like Jamine and Pine. Which doesn't sounds like it would smell good but it does. I really like the scent. Except it's a sharper floral. Almost head-ache inducing for me but not quite. It really is a nice jasmine scent. And while I do like it...it's not really for me. I feel like it would be nice on someone else. It does mellow out though when you apply it and the lingering scent is nicer. It also sticks around for a few hours-which is nice.


 

The texture is exactly like he Festive Berry one. It's nice, silky, non greasy, rubs in easily, absorbs nicely, and leaves your skin soft. 


 

The packaging is the same packaging they have been using for years. So thick it won't work in a pump. I like the packaging. 

It is made in the Germany (used to be made in the UK)

.The ingredients are nicer than most, still nowhere near natural. I'm happy to see at least the first three ingredients are really good- Cocoa, Shea, and Glycerin. They also do have their fair trade program and a new program for recycling plastic/reduce plastic waste which is always good to see.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Nyctanthes Arbor-Tristis Flower Extract, Eugenol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1.


Overall, I liked it but it's not one I would buy again. I would go for the Festive Berry one over this but if you like florals (and you like the Moringa Body Butter) this one is probably for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment