Sunday, September 3, 2023

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black Review


 

This might be my favorite mascara I've reviewed in a quite a long time. I've always meant to try more Bobbi Brown makeup- although the line might not be the same since Bobbi Brown sold it and gave up all control. She has a new line but the new line looks kinda boring. It has many of the same boring colors for eyeshadow as the original Bobbi Brown line and just doesn't seem to bring anything exciting to the table.

Bobbi Brown claims:

What it is

This kohl-pigmented formula delivers high drama by creating extremely black, volumized lashes in an instant—an ideal complement to your smokey eye makeup. Plus, the long-lasting mascara holds its own against flaking, smudging, sweat, and humidity.

How it works

Creates extra-bold, dramatic lashes.

Features a long-wearing formula that doesn’t flake or smudge and is sweat and humidity resistant.

Builds volume lash by lash, for volumized, fanned-out lashes.

Combs through eyelashes evenly from roots to ends, while the brush’s tapered tip grabs small, hard-to-reach lashes.

How to use

Brush from base to tips of lashes and let dry.

Made In Italy


We'll start with packaging...which is nice. It's a metal feeling, heavier tube that feels like quality. But it better because full price is $34. I didn't pay that, I can't remember exactly what I paid but I definitely got it on sale. Never pay full price if you don't have to! 


It's a shorter tube with a decently large/long brush. My favorite type of brush too, which is the classic type. I find those type of brushes build longer, thicker lashes quicker and this one doesn't make a big mess when I use it. 


This one does build really nice lashes quickly. It even worked amazing the very first week which I usually find mascaras work better as they dry up. So basically I get longer, thicker, darker lashes that don't flake off in a flash, which is great for mornings when I am in a rush. No needing to build it up too much got get the look I want.

It's supposed to be Bobbi's number one mascara and I can see why. This will probably make my list of favorites at the end of the year...I like it that much! I just wish the price were cheaper....




No comments:

Post a Comment