Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Lemon Blueberry Scones, Roast Chicken With Peppers, and Tovi Kosi

 Already made another three recipes! I've been cooking a lot lately I guess.

Starting with making scones. I haven't made scones in years so this was a welcome recipe. Nothing like a cup of tea with scones. Lemon Blueberry is one of the best combinations. It goes so well with cheesecake, regular cake, etc. These were very easy to make, I didn't quite follow the recipe- didn't want to give them the proper rest time because I was kind of in a hurry but they came out great regardless. I added extra lemon zest and they were perfectly lemony.



Next up, Roast Chicken with Peppers. Another recipe heavy on the peppers. But so good! I really enjoyed this. I steamed some carrots and made rice to go along with it. Overall, a very healthy plate. I need to cook peppers more often. I buy them all the time but usually end up just eating them like an apple. 


Last but not least, an Albanian Dish called Tave Kosi. It's supposed to be made with lamb but I subbed  it out with chicken. This is a very unique dish (for me) . I don't mind it, but I don't love it even though it felt like comfort food. I think making it with lamb is probably best. I just had it with a boring side salad. It's basically chicken baked in a a yoghurt sauce so it had a bit of tang from the yoghurt.  I had no idea you could bake yoghurt like this. I think of the two different roux I've made from Albanian dishes, I much prefer the one with Feta. As always, it was a fun to try a new dish! 


And that's all! I'm already making the next three recipes so probably won't be long until I post the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment