Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Molton Brown Delicious Rhubarb and Rose Bath and Shower Gel

 Continuing on with Molton Brown- a brand which had a royal warrant. Meaning it was a favorite of the late Queen Elizabeth. I wonder if this particular scent was a favorite of hers?

Molton Brown claims:

Be irresistibly indulged with a tempting slice of our just-baked summer dessert, complete with an utterly moreish recipe of bright grapefruit, tart rhubarb and creamy vanilla. Vivacious. Fizzy. Tempting.

Drift into a rambling garden with our signature fragrance; this body wash has the distinctive delicacy of Yorkshire rhubarb leaf and soft rose, finished with zesty grapefruit.

Made in England

.

Rhubarb is not a scent you encounter much in the bath and body/beauty world. In all the years of buying, trying and reviewing I have only used one of Rhubarb scent- Lush Rhubarb and Custard.  I don't remember thinking the Lush one smelled of Rhubarb- more of a sour/sweet candy. I did really like the scent. This shower gel does smell like Rhubarb though. I tried a Rhubarb Soda a few weeks ago and this scent reminds me of that. 


It smells very off from the bottle. Even a bit strange. The first time I used it, I wasn't a fan. The Rhubarb was a very unique scent with its's tart and sour scent, the grapefruit was a bit too room spray smelling, and the rose was barely there. I'm not sure what happened but it grew on me and I really enjoy it now. The grapefruit scent didn't stick out as much as it did the first time...and I still don't get as much rose as I want but I like it, and always look forward to using it. I can't explain it. I went from disliking it...to now liking it. 


I think my favorite thing about the scent is how unique it is. I don't think I will ever come across anything similar. Even though I don't like repurchasing...I feel like I would repurchase it. I want to try the scent in the hand soap and the candle for sure. I almost forgot to mention that the scent of this lingers in the bathroom, the scent is medium in the shower- but lingers so nicely after (not on the skin though).

As for the gel itself, it's a pretty light pink color. Lathers nicely, rinses clean, and doesn't feel drying. 

I bought mine in a sampler set for about $5 or $6 a piece...they are currently on sale for Labor Day so a good time to order.

The ingredients are fine. Shower Gel never has ingredients that will blow you away. There are a few extracts in it that I like seeing, it even has Rhubarb AND Rose extract. 

Ingredients:

Water / Aqua / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance / Parfum, Laureth-7 Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Coco Glucoside, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Rheum Rhabarbarum Stalk Extract, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzophenone-4, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Phytate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel, Red 33 / C.I. 17200.*

Overall, still a strange scent. But a strange scent I really like! And it truly is a very unique scent.  I have a little bit left and I already miss it...


No comments:

Post a Comment