Sunday, August 27, 2023

Capri Blue Pineapple Flower Candle Review

Today is definitely candle weather. Actually it's perfect weather with a cool breeze coming through so it's not super hot inside. So I definitely have thise one going now. 

Capri Blue claims:

Close your eyes and feel the island sun! Sparkling pineapple with a hint of plum mixed with tart lemon flower and sweet sugar cane make the perfect blend of paradise.

This will probably be the last candle from Capri that I review for a long time because I want to try more candle brands out.  I bought this because I love the packaging... and it was on sale. I'm not really big into summer candle scents, which is something I knew but forgot. And I'm always ready to give it another try. The last candle I bought from the brand was the Coconut Santal and I burned through that one pretty quickly because I didn't like it much. Of the two I bought I preferred the Pineapple one.

That being said this isn't really a unique or remarkable scent. It smelled like straight up sweet, juicy, ripe pineapples. I don't get any other notes- not plum, or lemon flower. It can fool you into thinking you have a pineapple hanging around that needs to be cut up and eaten, so it's definitely a realistic pineapple to me


 I think the scent is nice and very realistic. Just a bit boring and one note. I don't think pineapple scents are too hard to do in home fragrance. I had a pineapple candle from Bath and Body Works years ago that did a great job of replicating the pineapple scent. I wish I could smell them side by side, but my memory is telling me they were probably close. 

The scent strength is really good. It usually comes bursting out the room and up the stairs. As I have burned it down it's not as strong- but still good! 


Burn time is up to 85 hours. It's a mix of soy and paraffin. Which typically burns very nicely. I think this one does pretty well as long as you trim the wick and burn no longer than four hours- I don't always follow that and you can kinda tell with the little bit of soot. Whoops! 


One thing I really like/dislike is the shape of the jar. The jar is so cute- but unless you foil the candle it will not burn evenly. The foil trick has mine burning down pretty well. Also making sure I let it burn long enough before blowing out Also..I'm keeping the jar to clean out and hold random items. It's such cute jar, but the quality isn't as great as I thought based on the pics. It's like an overspray on the glass that scrapes off when you go to clean out the rest of the wax. 

Overall, it's a nice fresh and juicy pineapple scent. I have enjoyed it. But I won't buy it again. I think I prefer more complex scents and would be more likely to purchase the Volcano scent. Come to think of it, they probably use this scent as a note in their Volcano scent...


No comments:

Post a Comment