Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Capri Blue Coconut Santal Candle Review


I thought I would stop burning candles for the summer because of the heat but when I work from home, I work in a pretty cool/sometimes cold room so a candle burning doesn't bother me. Especially when I have "everyday" scents that I don't feel like hoarding. And this is definitely a scent that I don't feel I need to hoard. 

Capri Blue claims:

Life's a Beach

With flowering hibiscus, lime, coconut and hints of amber, this fragrance transports you to good times and gives you ultimate smooth sailing vibes.



I started out with the super popular Volcano scent and wanted to try out the other scents. Volcano is such a great everyday sugary citrus scent it made mecurious about what else they had to offer. When I noticed they were on sale I couldn't pass it up. So I bought this one and the Pineapple one. This is my least favorite of the two newest in the collection.

I guess it's a Coconut scent...not fresh Coconut. More tropical but not summer tropical and I have no idea how to describe the Sandalwood. It doesn't really make me think of any other Sandalwood scent I've had. I'm not sure I can describe the scent other than I'm not a particular fan of it. I think Coconut scents just don't do it for me. I have been burning it a ton to try to use it up quickly. The size of the candle and the shape means this candle typically lasts forever. 

Another reason I bought the candle is to collect the jar. It's definitely not as high quality as it looks online, it's like an overspray of color that will probably peel off as the jar ages but I really love the design. This one is a darker red and pink, with a brass lid. I can't wait to scrape out the wax and clean out the jar and use it for something else. The first jar houses my cotton balls. Boring but makes super cute storage. 

The wax is a blend of soy and paraffin. I'm not the biggest fan of paraffin but I do think that it holds and throws scent the best. Soy is a bit cleaner burning but this candle can still soot if you don't trim the wick. Usually it does OK though. Better than the Volcano candle. I think this has less fragrance oil in it because the scent is not as strong. The other one could fill a whole house, this one just does a room and does it lightly. 

The other problem is the size of the jar. It's too wide and the wax will not burn evenly unless you foil the candle and let it burn hours and hours. For the price (even on sale) that's not good thing. It bothers me...but I guess not enough to stop me from buying it completely. 

This scent also comes in diffuser form but since I'm not a big fan of the scent, I don't see myself buying this scent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment