Sunday, April 9, 2023

Capri Blue Volcano Candle Review

This is the scent they burn in Anthropologie and it's popular one. I've never been in an Anthro store but I do really love some of the stuff they have on their site. My most recent order was a few plates. I've had a few things in the Volcano scent- most recently reviewed the soap. I wasn't a fan  itof at all.  

Capri Blue claims: 

Capri Blue is built on the stylish back of our famous Volcano candle! With its famiiliar feel and cult-like following, Volcano is the perfect blend of sugared citrus and tropical fruits. Like the excitement and energy of a summer night rendezvous, this fragrance is simply unforgettable.


I'll start off talking about the scent. It's a juicy, sugared orange scent. It's juicy and strong. It can fill a whole floor. I can see why people love it. Most citrus candles don't make  their scents quite so juicy and appealing. And because it's mostly orange, it's just a bright, happy, anytime (mostly daytime) scent. This is one my Dad seems to like too as he usually will say something when I burn it. 

It's a mix of paraffin and soy. 


And it comes in a wide variety of jar colors so there is going to be something to match everyone's decor... if that's something you care about. I went for this jar, which was about $2 more because I love the orange and pink split. It's so pretty but not really high quality, it seems like an overspray or some sort of sticker overtop of clear glass. It's cute, but not what I thought it would be. I also thought the colors were going to be just a bit richer. I'm still going to keep it to store stuff in once I've burned it up and if they still have this design in other scents, I would probably pick it up. 

But there's a big problem with this candle. It's too wide and it does not burn evenly unless you put a ton of aluminum foil around the candle. Doing that, I've been able to get somewhat of an even burn but it's candle that needs a lot of babying. Also, I notice sometimes it smokes. So you have to be careful with how much you cut the wick because if you cut it too much it won't pool properly but if you don't cut it enough it smokes.

For the price, it should not have all those issues. But even so, I might still buy it again because I like how strong it is, and it's just the perfect everyday scent. It also seems to last for a long time as I've had it for awhile and still have quite a bit left. I really enjoy the scent. So much so that I picked up the cleaning spray, the dryer balls, and the diffuser oil. 

Overall, it definitely has a few issues but I might still repurchase anyway (I'll still be mad about those issues though).



No comments:

Post a Comment