Thursday, July 27, 2023

Lip Smacker Barq's Root Beer Review

Famous Old Tyme Root Beer

Root Beer reminds me of child hood and root beer floats. I feel like I haven't had one of those since I was five, but I also feel like I can remember exactly what they taste like. I don't know if I thought it was good, but I was into anything sugary at that age. There seem to be three famous Root Beer brands, Barg's, Mugs, and A&W. I feel like I've had A&W the most but my favorite would be Virgils Root Beer- because they use real sugar and I like craft anything better than something super mass produced. But let's talk lip balm.


Lip Smacker claims:

Great-Tasting Treats. Party Fun! Enjoy the authentic taste of your favorite beverage flavors in a lip gloss thats as good for your lips as it tastes! Coca-Cola flavored Lip Smacker lip glosses offer smoothing moisture and lip refreshment in one. Party Pack assortment means you can take one with you wherever you go.

I got this in the lip Smacker party pack. I just had to have it as a throwback to childhood. I'm pretty sure I had this flavor as a kid. Or maybe back then it was A&W. But this is Root Beer in a lip balm. They did an excellent job of capturing the scent. The only thing it's missing is the cold, fizziness. They get an A++ for the scent though.

As for the lip balm- not that great. It's a bit gritty and you have to re-apply on repeat It should be smoother. I recently opened an original Burt's Bees balm and those feel so smooth and hydrating and long lasting. This just doesn't measure up. Especially with the recent price hikes.

  I think they were made somewhere in the midwest a few years back, and I really liked that because it supported the US economy and US jobs. They are now made in China. I'm not a big fan of companies that change where they manufacture because it helps them save money and I hate the fact that US jobs were lost. 

It has a lot of ingredients- some good, some bad. Personally I like a shorter ingredient list for lip balms. To have so many ingredients and the formula not being that great seems like a waste.

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Flavor/Aroma, Octyldodecanol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Propylene Glycol , Tocopheryl Acetate, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Sucralose, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. May Contain Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, 77492, 77499). Ingredients Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Paraffin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Polyester-3, Neotame, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, Anise Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl 2-Octynoate. May Contain Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 28 (Cl 45410), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, 77492, 77499).

I think so far of all the ones I've tried in the pack- this is most like its soda counterpart. While it was fun trying out the pack, after it's gone I won't be buying any more Smackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment