Sunday, July 30, 2023

JLo Glow Eau De Toilette Review

 It's been a day for me, felt like I was in the kitchen all day.... but I made some really great things. Now ending he day with a little post. I forgot I had this perfume (bought it a couple months back). It was kind of an impulse purchase. I saw it and it reminded me of middle/high school and I HAD to get it. I was curious if the scent would still be the same.And from what I can remember it is! 

Glow claims:

Glow by Jennifer Lopez is a Floral fragrance for women. Glow was launched in 2002. Glow was created by Louise Turner and Catherine Walsh. Top notes are Neroli, Orange Blossom and Grapefruit; middle notes are Jasmine, Rose and Tuberose; base notes are Musk, Sandalwood, Orris Root, Vanilla and Amber. 

Made in France

Glow was Jennifer Lopez's first perfume. I was a fan of Jlo back then...which is why I think my parents got it for me for Christmas. It was probably a very popular Christmas gift since in its first two years it made over $300 million. Very successful and ensured that celebrity fragrances are here to stay. It also spawned a few sequels but I didn't own those and never smelled them.

It really does smell exactly the same as I remember. Maybe not the most natural smelling perfume but I've never smelled anything like it since even with its popularity. Shocking to think it still hasn't been copied. I wonder how much it sells now? As for notes, it's a little hard to describe. It's kinda soapy and fresh. Perfect for hot weather. It sticks around for a few hours but it won't go the distance so will likely need to be re-applied after a few hours unless you over apply. I would say it lasts about 6 hours then. I really can't pick out any of the notes..possibly a little grapefruit, some rose, can't really tell if I'm imagining a little light Jasmine- but maybe it's there? The base notes I don't get at all, it doesn't really dry down to anything but more of the same so it's not a fragrance that changes or morphs much as it dries down. 

I had the matching lotion when I was in high school and it had a lot of staying power. It really projects and stuck to your clothing with the lotion so maybe worth buying the set and layering if you really want the longevity. I probably should have bought the set myself. 

The bottle is very unique.... It's supposed to be the shape of a woman (eh). Feels nice quality for the price I paid. It is frosted glass with pale pink perfume juice inside. Frosted glass definitely shows it's age since the frosted seems to have gone out of style. I like it though. It also has a Jlo chain you can remove and wear. I didn't keep the bottle or the chain of the one I had in high school. This time I'll probably keep the bottle once empty because I collect them and I still won't be wearing the chain.

Overall, I do still like it quite a bit (best to wear it rarely as it can be easy to get tired of).  I'm glad I bought this last bottle to take a walk down memory lane (it really did bring up memories of high school) but after this bottle is gone I probably won't buy it again. Unless in another 20 years I get the itch of nostalgia that made my buy it again this time 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment