Sunday, November 29, 2020

Lush Rhubarb and Custard Soap Review

 I'm in between rounds of Dance Central and figured why not knock out a post? So today...we review the Rhubarb and Custard soap. Lush discontinued a bunch of soaps-including the Rockstar soap, which I wasn't a fan of anyway. I think they will bring it back after Christmas though. Anyway..Rhubarb is not something you see in a lot of skincare/bath and body ..and I'm not exactly sure of what benefits it has for the skin..but I'm always in to try something new

Lush claims:

The scent of rhubarb, fresh from the garden, nestled in a sweet base of creamy, comforting custard.

What could be better? How about that juicy-sweet scent in a hydrating sudser? Rhubarb & Custard lathers you up with plenty of fresh rhubarb purée and soy milk with touches of citrusy Brazilian orange and bergamot oils. Meanwhile, rich and moisturizing doses of olive oil, coconut oil and cocoa butter keep things soft and supple—especially when you're having to wash your hands again and again. So drop the spoon, grab a bar and get scrubbing.

UK 6 Pounds US 7.95 DE 7.80


It actually has Rhubarb in it. I don't think it smells like Rhubarb...but I'm not sure what it smells like. I've seen it in the grocery store a couple times but never sniffed it. It smells like a sour sweet candy. Maybe like Sour Patch Kids and a passionfruit pudding. Something like that. I really like the scent. And it's surprisingly strong..scents the whole bathroom for at least an hour after the shower. Which is nice. 



What isn't so nice is how fast it melts. Even faster than other Lush soaps, you barely get a week and a half out of it. It's on the softer, squidgy side. Definitely a new texture of soap. And seems to have bits of something in it. I couldn't tell you what they are though. 

It lathers nicely and doesn't dry my skin at all. 


I'm not crazy about the way it looks. All Lush soaps are pretty much the same shape now. But the color is cool. Even though I can't exactly tell what the inspiration was for it. 

I think it's more pricy that most Lush soaps because they seem to be experimenting with soap bases. Instead of using Rapeseed and Coconut, this one uses the main oil as Olive Oil. Which I think is a better oil anyway. 

Ingredients:

Organic Soy Milk, Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil, Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Rhubarb Puree, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Organic Castor Oil, Cornstarch, Sodium Stearate, Brazilian Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Baking Soda, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Color 


Overall, I did like it. But I don't think it would be a repurchase. It just doesn't last long enough to justify the price. 



No comments:

Post a Comment