Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Plant Therapy 90's Essential Oil Review

 Awhile back Plant Therapy teased a decades oil blend set. And I was so excited, I clicked immediately and was about to order it...but it was an April Fool's joke. Then when it did come out..for some reason I didn't get it. BUT I did get it when the 80's and 90's blends were on sale. And of the two, the 90's is definitely my favorite. I wish I could have gotten my hands on the 70's though. I'm a big fan of Patchouli. 

Plant Therapy claims:

Whether you were a Spice Girl or a grunge girl, you loved the '90s! Your jean jacket may have been worn with Doc Martens or platform sandals, but either way, you watched Titanic 500 times and kept your Kissing Koolers in your fanny pack. Away from home, no problem. Your friends could catch you on your pager! You had an iMac, but once you’d dialed up to the world wide web, you weren't sure what to do next.

This blend captures the '90s and is a cross between the Macarena and teen spirit. Orange Essence, Lime Steam Distilled, Mandarin Essense, Star Anise and Lemongrass give this blend a smell that is part flannel shirt, part boy band realness.

This one smells very orange-citrus and uplifting..while being very different from the other citrus blends. It seems for awhile all of the blends I was getting was so similar to the last..so I was happy to get this one.

I pick up the orange, the lime, and even some Ylang Ylang...although that's not in the blend. I also pick of the Anise seed (which I hate licorice so was expecting I would hate the scent as well!) but it actually smells nice and I couldn't really pick it out until I read it in the ingredient list. Once I knew it was there I couldn't not smell it. I also pick up a little lemongrass, which tends to be overpowering but blends nicely into this one.

I haven't really used this blend for anything but diffusing. I was going to wipe down my floors with it the other day but forgot and went with lime instead. I don't want to "waste" the last little bit of this on the floor. 

I really love it diffused. It's a very happy scent and picks up my mood instantly. Not sure I would say it smells of the 90's but what would that smell like really? Definitely not that description.

Ingredients:

Orange Fruit Extract, Lime SD Peel Oil, Mandarin Fruit Extract, Anise Fruit Seed Oil, Lemongrass Seed Oil

Anyway, I really love this blend. Wish it was permanent because I could see myself purchasing it again if it were! 


No comments:

Post a Comment