Thursday, December 3, 2020

Vitamix Green Pick Me Up Smoothie

 I haven't really been keeping up with the green smoothies like I want to but definitely drinking them more often than I was which ...I can live with some improvement over none. 

For this one, I pulled out my Vitamix book..and this is the last smoothie recipe in it. I've made ALL of the smoothie recipes from it. That's crazy. Anyway, I've learned a lot about what you can put in a smoothies- cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, zucchini and you can still have a decent smoothie. 

This one is supposed to have Swiss Chard, but of course I couldn't find it so I subbed in Kale. 

It also had carrot, orange, apple and green grapes. And it wasn't good. I tried a little before I poured it in my cup and added a banana and honey to try and fix it...but it didn't really help much. 

It was drinkable..but not one I'm saving to make for later. But maybe it would have been better with the Swiss Chard. IDK. 

It is 1/2 cup green grapes, 1/2 orange peeled, 1/2 green apple seeded, 2 cups Swiss Chard, 2 Cups of Ice cube. Blend and Drink.

Anyway...wouldn't make it again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment