Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Body Shop Almond Milk and Honey Body Butter Review

 I messed up...this morning when I woke up I was looking forward to sleeping. But then I drank a quart of caffeinated tea. And I'm caffeine sensitive so I'll probably be up until Tuesday. Whoops. But I'm killing some of the next 36 hours by blogging. About Body Butter. I used to be a little obsessed with these body butters. I tried to get my hands on all of them back in the day. Then I moved on. But then I thought about the hemp hand cream which  is magical if your hands are dry. I couldn't find it in store. But I did see a mini tub of the this..so it went home with me.

The Body Shop claims:

It’s moisturizing, it’s buttery, it’s hydrating heaven. Meet our Almond Milk & Honey Soothing & Restoring Body Butter, a luxurious tub of nourishing moisture for the skin.

Our divine Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter helps ease tight, dry, extra-dry and even sensitive skin with a lavish 48 hours of hydration. Imagine that: silky-smooth skin lasting for as long as sleepovers, weekends or even mini getaways. That’s the beauty of this soothing and restoring body butter.

Enriched with honey and organic almond milk, for skin this nature-inspired formula is uber-nourishing. And with a scent that’s as sweet as honey, it really does tick a lot of boxes.

The Body Shop’s Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter is just one of the feel-good formulas to become a cult favourite in our Body Butter range. Why? Because it’s a hydrating powerhouse that helps to lock in moisture and keep your skin feeling healthy and hydrated for longer. It’s also the perfect pal for dry, winter skin. Just slather a dollop of this luxurious body butter all over and say hello to a silky-smooth you.

  • Helps soothe and restores sensitive, dry skin
  • 48hr sweet, sweet hydration
  • Enriched with Community Fair Trade shea butter
  • Hypoallergenic fragrance
  • Dermatologically tested

My favorite body butter is the Almond one. I don't think they make it anymore..but it was THE BEST. I was thinking back to how much I liked that one and figured I would try this one out. Because..almond. This one doesn't smell as good as the Almond one...but it's really nice. It's a very calming and comforting scent. I definitely get the "almond milk" but it smells much better. Maybe I get a hint of honey. But I'm not sure if I'm just picking it up because I know it's supposed to smell like honey. If that makes sense. Anyway..I really do like the scent. And how much it sticks around and scents my room up in a very gentle way. 


As for moisturizing...eh. It's fine if I'm going to stay in the house. But I don't feel it's moisturizing enough in the cold weather. My skin gets a little dry when I leave the house. Maybe good for normal skin in fall weather...but not so great once it's cold and if you skin is on the drier side.

The texture is nice. Absorbs easily and not greasy at all. It's not a thick butter..but more like a cream. 

But perfect before bed (because it smells so good) and I don't need so much heavy hydration before bed. 

It's interesting that it is made in Germany. All the body butters I bought back in the day were made in the UK. 

The 1.7 ounce was six dollars and the 6.9 ounce is regularly $21.00. Way overpriced but they always seem to have a sale.

I like that the Shea Butter is fair trade. It's nowhere near natural. 

Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dimethicone, Mel, Panthenol, Parfum, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Overall, I really liked it. It's like a warm, comforting hug in lotion form. 


And now..the song that has been on repeat for most of the night. I can't get enough of this song and LOVE the live performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment