Sunday, December 6, 2020

Lush Toffee Apple Lip Scrub Review


 I don't think I've ever felt more sad in my life, I can't get out of bed, haven't been able to sleep, and spent most of the day staring at the screen saver on my TV. And I have a headache that refuses to leave no matter how many aspirin I take. Since I can't seem to leave my bed or even turn on the light I figured I would write a blog post. I don't have to leave my bed and can keep sitting in the dark.

Lush claims:

Ghoulishly gorgeous green apple and blood red sticky toffee, offers the sweetest pout around.

UK 6.50  US 12.95

This was part of the Halloween range but will probably still be available through Christmas. To be honest, it didn't really appeal to me. I just kept thinking it would be mega artificial and cloying and probably smell nothing like Toffee or Apple.But then I saw a few raves for it and had to try it for myself.


I've never used a lip scrub. I can get any dead skin off my lips with a washcloth or just rubbing after shower. But I have always wanted to try one. And I am trying to branch out of always buying the bath bombs/soaps at Lush. Trying something new is the spice of life. 

This is one of the first things I grabbed to sniff when I received my last lush Order. It smells sweet. Definitely get the apple scent. And then it has a sticky candy scent- not necessarily toffee. But caramel. It impressed me for sure! It lingers after you scrub and makes your lips smell yummy. 

The only thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the coloring. I wish they would use more natural coloring.

But the scrub itself is nice. It can be a teeny messy. But does a great job of scrubbing and smoothing your lips. And if you get a little in your mouth it does taste really nice. I'm not sure about licking it off after, even though you can. Because you are just eating the dead skin you just scrubbed up. Which is a little weird. Maybe if you use it twice in a row you could lick it off the 2nd go. Or not. It's whatever you are cool with.

I was using it very often when I first got it. I find it a little addictive. But I've slowed down. I don't think my lips do well with over scrubbing.  

It's very natural but not completely.  Which is nice. There are definitely less natural options out there that don't taste as good. 

Ingredients:

Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter,  Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Carob Resinoid, Sandalwood Oil, Extra Fine Sea Salt, Titanium Dioxide, Malic Acid, Synthetic Glitter, Tin Oxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Flavor, Colour

Overall, I love it. I will definitely always keep a Lush lip scrub on hand. I think I want to try the cookie dough next when I finally finish this pot up. Which...I wish they would make it a permanent addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment