Monday, April 8, 2024

Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner Review


 I'm circling back to my true crime addiction. I just listen to case after case...somehow even though I click the title and know a little bit about what happens to the victims- I am still always shocked when the podcaster announces the death. Like, oh they really didn't make it? *shock. I really don't know why I do this. Also...why do these people not believe in Divorce? They all just murder their partners. If I ever got married one of the questions I would ask beforehand is if they believe in divorce. Cause let's sign those papers. You don't have to kill me! 

Anyway...deep conditioner. 

Hask claims:

This deep conditioner is a restorative, nourishing treatment that will revitalize all hair types. Coconut and Tahitian monoi oil help retain moisture for soft, smooth and hydrated strands.

Made in USA

This is a new to me brand- I do always remember seeing it in discount stores though like TJ Max and Ross. I never really considered buying it but I was in the market for some new deep conditioners. I always want to make it a goal to deep condition regularly and I do well with it for a while and then completely fall off. I'm ready to jump back on the deep conditioner wagon though. If only for the next couple of months.

I bought three of these deep conditioner packs and decided to start with the Coconut one. We will start with the scent. It smells like a sweet vanilla. Very pleasant and very familiar. And none of the sour scent that you sometimes get in Coconut products. It really smells like something I have used before- maybe the Coconut line from Organix. Or a bit like the Coconut and Hibiscus Shea Moisture line.  It's like they are all using the same fragrance oils.

The texture is like any other conditioner. Easy to spread, not too thick etc. It doesn't have a lot of slip but I did use it to detangle and it worked pretty well. I got about 2 uses out of it and ended up wishing I had a bit more to coat some of my hair in the back that I was trying to detangle. 

It doesn't feel like it's really giving a shot of moisture to my hair. But my hair doesn't feel dry either. It just feels normal, maybe a bit stronger. Not heavy, not greasy, not weighed down. It doesn't feel like it's doing a whole lot but it doesn't feel like it's not helping either.

It could also be that I tend to use it overnight which is what you should not do. I just get too lazy to jump back in the shower and rinse it out.

I wanted to try it out because there weren't any silicones in the ingredients- I like to avoid them for the most part. And it has some ingredients that I recognize.  I like plant extracts and natural derived ingredients. 

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, Quaternium-18, Gardenia taitensis (monoi) flower extract, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed oil, Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) fruit extract, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed collagen, Hydrolyzed keratin, Panthenyl hydroxypropyl steardimonium chloride, Isopropyl palmitate, Sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, Silk amino acids, Sodium PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Sodium hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance

Overall, it's not bad. I don't think it's my favorite deep conditioner...but it's not bad at all and it does smell really good. I'll probably get into the Argan one next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment