Sunday, April 7, 2024

Mario Badescu Super Rich Olive Body Lotion Review



 One more post and then I really do have to get up and go get some things done. I have no idea how it's already 9 p.m. Why do weekends fly by so fast?

Mario claims:

Classic, moisture-intensive olive oil body lotion suitable for all seasons and all skin types 

Classic, creamy formula.
Moisture-intensive yet non-greasy—and absorbs beautifully into skin.
Deeply nourishes, softens, and replenishes dry skin.

Leaves skin smooth and glowing with hydration.

I bought this one around the time I bought the Summer Shine lotion. They were both on sale and I love getting a good deal on basically anything. I do need to get back to making my own DIY lotions though instead of constantly buying them. I say that but I already have a backup for when this one runs out. 

Anyway...Olive lotion. Olive is a popular choice. It's very good for your skin and hair. Even so, I think I have only used one other body butter/lotion that prominently features Olive Oil.  That was the Olive Body Butter from Body Shop. I haven't used that one in years so I'm sure it's changed since I used it. but I remember thinking it was fine.

I really love the way Mario packages their body lotions. It's just different but simple and get's the job done. Very easy to squeeze out and pretty light in texture. Spreads easily, sinks in easily, and isn't greasy at all. It does feel hydrating- but sometimes I will apply it twice just because it didn't seem to get rougher spots as hydrated as they should be. It does claim to be for all skin types...I think it does well for normal to dry- but very dry skin or rough patches are going to need something a little thicker and more hydrating. 


As for the scent- it reminds me of Olive Oil Hair lotion I used to use back in high school. I'm pretty sure it was this one but I'm not 100 percent sure. It smells OK...I think the association to the hair cream scent makes me kinda dislike it. It does also hang around for quite awhile so I have been able to sniff it hours after applying it.


I am both impressed and disappointed in the ingredients. I love that Olive Oil is the 2nd ingredient. I wish they would ditch the silicones-dimethycone specifically. Otherwise the ingredients are what I would expect at this price point- except the Olive Oil.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water, Eau), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Triethanolamine, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium-15, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal


I wouldn't buy it again...but I would still try other things from the brand. I did just buy the AHA shower gel and have the Rose shower gel on my list of things to try and then I will likely take a really long break from the brand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment