Thursday, April 11, 2024

Roberta Flack

 


iToday was a day of belly laughs. I laughed so much my stomach literally started to hurt. I love days like that.

Anyway...today we talk Roberta Flack. I grew up in the days of Killing Me Softly being sung by Lauryn Hill. I honestly thought she was the originator of the song and then one day I came across the original. I love the original. And I LOVE the remake. I think I just felt Lauryn a little more.

The next couple of songs are all in collab with the great Donny Hathaway.

This is another one I was shocked when I heard the original. I had the Dangerously in Love album by Beyonce and her version with Luther (love me some Lulu) was the first one I heard. I love both versions though- probably love the remake more since it's the one I fell for first. I have them both in my tunes playlist though.

Back Together Again is my jam. The slow songs are nice but sometimes you just want to get your 80's Dance moves on. This one makes me want to put my skates on.


Next up, Be Real Black for me. I thought this song was kinda funny at first but the words got me. Love it!  
 

Next up, I (Who Have Nothing). First time I heard this song was by Jordin Sparks on American Idol. Loved the song since. I have a few versions. I like this one because it's so different-haunting almost.


Last up, Where Is the Love. I feel like I heard this a few times before I registered hearing it the first time. On movies? IDK. But I like this one- another more upbeat song. 


I wouldn't say Ms. Flack is my favorite- I don't think she sings songs in the most memorable way but I still do enjoy quite a bit of her songs- especially with Hathaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment